Earlier this week, Realme silently unveiled the Realme Q5i in China. And now, the company has launched more powerful Q-series smartphones, such as the Realme Q5 and Realme Q5 Pro.
Realme Q5 unveiled
The Realme Q5 has a 6.58-inch FHD+ LCD panel that offers a 120Hz refresh rate. It has a brightness of 600 nits, a pixel density of 401 ppi, and screen space of 90.8 percent.
The rear design of the handset seem to be inspired by the Realme GT Neo2 flagship phone. It has a side-facing fingerprint scanner.
The Q5 is fueled by the Snapdragon 695 mobile platform. The device comes with up to 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of native storage. It has a 5,000mAh battery that supports 65W fast charging. It is preinstalled with the Android 12 OS, wrapped with the Realme UI 3.0.
The phone carries support for up to 5 GB of extended RAM for a smoother experience while accessing apps. It measures around 8.6mm in thickness and weigh around 195 grams.
Speaking about the camera department, the Realme Q5 is fitted with a 16-megapixel camera for snapping selfies. Its rear camera module has a 50-megapixel primary camera and a pair of 2-megapixel auxiliary cameras for depth and macro shots.
Realme Q5 unveiled Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 19, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, April 20
- Status: Exp. release 2022, April 28
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 75.6 x 8.5 mm (6.47 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 195 g (6.88 oz)
- Colors: Black, Silver, Yellow
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 120Hz, 600 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.6 inches, 104.8 cm2 (~84.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2412 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Android 12, Realme UI 3.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver))
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 100% in 48 min (advertised)
Realme Q5 Price and Availability
The Realme Q5 and Q5 Pro are priced as follows in China:
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – 1,299 Yuan (~$202)
- 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – 1,499 Yuan (~$234)
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage – 1,699 Yuan (~$265)
Color options: Racing Dusk (yellow) Glacier Waves (white), and Phantom (black).
The first sales of the Realme Q5 will be carried out on April 27 in China. The device will be available with a 100 Yuan discount during the first sale. The Q5i is already available for purchase.