Poco has officially announced the Poco M4 5G in India. The latest budget smartphone from the brand is just a rebranded Redmi Note 11E 5G with a different selfie camera and Android 12. For the unaware, the Redmi model quietly went official in China in March. The only difference between the two is the rear panel design.
The Poco M4 5G sports a plastic body and comes in three colors. It measures 163.99 x 76.09 x 8.9mm in dimensions and weighs 200g.
The handset flaunts a 6.58-inch display (LCD) with a resolution of 2408 x 1080 pixels (FHD+) and a 90Hz refresh rate. The panel has a 240Hz touch sampling rate, a 1500:1 contrast ratio, and a dewdrop notch.
The phone houses a 50MP (wide) + 2MP (depth) dual camera setup on the rear and an 8MP front-facing camera. It offers 5G connectivity (7 5G bands), dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1, GNSS, and a USB Type-C port.
Other features include a 3.5mm headphone jack, a dedicated MicroSD card slot, an IR blaster, an IP52 rating, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor. It has all the essential sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and compass.
Last but not least, the smartphone is backed by a 5,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Poco M4 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 40, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, April 29
- Status: Exp. release 2022, May 05
- Dimensions: 164 x 76.1 x 8.9 mm (6.46 x 3.00 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 200 g (7.05 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Gray, Silver, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.58 inches, 104.0 cm2 (~83.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Dual
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 0.7µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.4, (wide), 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: No
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
Poco M4 5G Price and Availability
The POCO M4 5G will retail at the following price tags in India.
- 4GB + 64GB – INR 12,999 ($170)
- 6GB + 128GB – INR 14,999 ($196)
It can be purchased in either Poco Yellow, Cool Blue, or Power Black color options from Flipkart starting May 5.
Customers can avail of a INR 2,000 instant discount on SBI credit card and EMI transactions.