Oppo has launched its much-anticipated F21 Pro series in India. The lineup has two models – the Oppo F21 Pro 5G and F21 Pro 4G. Both models are quite similar in many ways but with some key differences. Well, let’s talk about the 4G variant.
Oppo F21 Pro 4G Launched
The F21 Pro series is basically rebranded versions of the Reno7 Pro series. So the 4G version resembles the Reno7 Pro 4G (only available in select markets) and same could be say about the 5G model.
F21 Pro 4G features 6.43-inch AMOLED displays with FHD+ resolution and offers 90Hz refresh rate. This is higher than the 5G version with a standard 60Hz refresh rate. It also comes with the industry’s first fibreglass leather design that adds to their premium feel and look. The handset has orbit light around the module that highlights notifications.
Under the hood, the Oppo F21 Pro 4G is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 SoC, paired with 8GB of RAM that can be virtually expanded by up to another 5GB. For storage, that handset offers 128GB. It is fueled by a 4,500mAh battery pack that supports up to 33W fast charging.
The F21 Pro 4G runs on ColorOS 12 out of the box, which is based on Android 11 OS. Oppo also placed an emphasis on user friendliness and privacy with the UI, which features anti peeping notification feature. This basically hides notifications if your phone detects someone else looking at your smartphone’s screen. It also supports Ar Gestures to answer or mute calls.
The F21 Pro 4G is also equipped with a 64 megapixel primary camera, paired with a 2 megapixel micro lens, and a 2 megapixel depth sensor. Its front camera also stands out, as it is a 32 megapixel IMX709 RGBW selfie sensor. This camera is 60 percent more sensitive to light when compared to the previous generation and also reduces noise levels by 35 percent as well.
Oppo F21 Pro 4G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2022, April 12
- Status: Exp. release 2022, April
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 73.2 x 7.5 mm (6.30 x 2.88 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Colors: Cosmic Black, Sunset Orange
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IPX4 water resistant
- RGB ring light around the camera (notifications, charging progress)
- Type: AMOLED, 90Hz, 430 nits (typ), 600 nits (HBM), 800 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.43 inches, 99.8 cm2 (~85.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/3.3, (microscope)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 24mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Features: Panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 60 min (advertised)
- Reverse charging
Oppo F21 Pro 4G Pricing & Availability
The Oppo F21 Pro 4G is priced at 22,999 INR (about 302 US Dollars) and can be purchased in a Sunset Orange and Cosmic Black color variants.
It will go on sale starting from April 15. Those who have pre-booked their F21 Pro series smartphone will receive the device by April 13, 2022.