The Chinese smartphone manufacturer OnePlus has unveiled the OnePlus Ace in China. The smartphone comes with an amazing finishing in terms of design as well as the new MediaTek Dimensity 8100-MAX premium mid-range SoC.
OnePlus Ace Launched With MediaTek Dimensity 8100 Max
Design-wise, the smartphone is quite distinct from the previous OnePlus devices. It features a design inspired by straight lines and has a flat-edged frame with rounded corners. The rear panel has a two-tone color scheme with verticle lines going all the way down like a waterfall. The camera island of the device also comes with a unique look, occupying the top-left edge of the back panel to house the triple camera and LED flash.
To make the device easier and more comfortable to hold, the brand has included a subtle edge arc on the back using “2.5D step processing.” OnePlus has officially revealed that the Ace measures 8.2mm in thickness and weighs 186 grams.
On the front, it sports a 6.7-inch OLED display that has an FHD+ resolution that also supports 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, and even a 720Hz gaming touch sampling rate as well. It also offers 100 percent DCI P3 color gamut, HDR10+ support, and a maximum brightness of 1000 nits. The screen has a punch-hole cutout in the top center for the front camera.
Hardware and Software
At its heart, the OnePlus Ace has the new MediaTek Dimensity 8100-MAX SoC. The new SoC comes paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage. Along with the onboard graphics, OnePlus has also included an independent graphics chip on the device to boost the ingame framerates.
OnePlus has also provided the HyperBoost game frame stabilization engine to reduce frame drops and jittering during long gaming sessions. The device has passed “hell-level” game test certifications which includes approval from Tail Lab, League of Legends mobile game professional league, and Peace Elite Professional League (PUBG).
The device runs Android 12-based ColorOS 12 out of the box and has a 4,500mAh battery coupled with jaw-dropping 150W SuperVOOC fast charging. With this charging solution onboard, users will be able to charge their devices from 0% to 100% in less than 17 minutes. The battery comes with TÜV Rheinland certification of safe fast charging and is claimed by the company to retain 80% battery health after 4 years of use.
Connectivity options include 5G, dual 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and a USB Type-C port for charging and data sync. The device also has an in-display fingerprint reader for security and features an X-axis linear motor and a Vapor Chamber with the largest cooling area in the history of OnePlus.
For optics, the OnePlus Ace features a triple camera setup headlined by a 50-megapixel Sony IMX766 primary sensor (with OIS, 4K, night mode, and more). Accompanying the primary sensor, the phone brings an 8-megapixel Sony IMX355 ultra-wide lens and a 2-megapixel macro sensor. On the front side, the smartphone will have a 16-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL S5K3P9SP lens for taking selfies and video calling.
OnePlus has also debuted a cooling back clip with the device dubbed the OnePlus 18W Freezing point cooling back clip. Equipped with dual-channel overclocking cooling, ultra-high thermal conductivity materials, and the industry’s first super strength heat dissipation capacity, the company claims that pairing this external cooler with the OnePlus Ace will net its users an average 59.1 frames even after an hour of gaming. The One plus Ace+ cooler is claimed to keep the temperature of the device down to only 36.4 ℃ even during a long gaming session. Its energy consumption is rated at 18W.
OnePlus Ace Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced:2022, April 21
- Status: Exp. release 2022, April
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.5 x 8.2 mm (6.43 x 2.97 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame
- Colors: Black, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 950 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.0 cm2 (~87.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2412 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~394 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 8100 Max
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.85 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G610 MC6
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.9, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, removable
- Charging: Fast charging 150W, 50% in 5 min
- Wireless charging
- Reverse wireless charging
OnePlus Ace Price and Availability
The OnePlus Ace is available in two colors – Black and a color-shifting shade of Light Blue.
The OnePlus Ace is priced as follows in China:
- 8GB + 128GB – 2499 Yuan ($387)
- 8GB + 256GB – 2699 Yuan ($418)
- 12GB + 256GB – 2999 Yuan ($465)
- 12GB + 512GB – 3499 Yuan ($542)
Pre-order of the device has begun in China and the official open sale is scheduled for April 26 at 10:00 AM local time.
OnePlus 18W Freezing point cooling back clip is on sale for 199 yuan ($31).