Back in March last year, vivo‘s gaming-focused sub-brand iQOO released the iQOO Neo5, with flagship-level specs but with an affordable price tag. The brand has now launched the iQOO Neo6 in China, featuring the cutting edge Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC and a whole host of upgrades over the last-gen. So, let take a look at what it’s bringing to the table.
iQOO Neo6 Unveiled
Design and Display
Design-wise, the iQOO Neo6 has a similar design to the last-gen iQOO Neo5. The newly launched device is just 8.5mm thick and weighs 197 grams. The camera island has a two-tone design with a rectangular module holding three lenses and an LED flash.
Available in three color options, the Orange and Blue color variants feature an artificial leather back for better grip and comfort during long gaming sessions while the Black color variant comes featuring a high-end fluorite AG glass with a silky texture. The device does not have any buttons on the left edge. However, its right edge has volume buttons and a power key.
On the front, the device gets a flat 6.62-inch AMOLED display that offers a Full HD+ resolution, 1300nits peak brightness, and a 120Hz refresh rate. The device also gets a 1200Hz touch sampling along with dual pressure sensors under the screen to make it easier to play games that require four fingers by just using two. Other than that, the screen is integrated with a fingerprint scanner.
The iQOO Neo6 comes powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC which enables it to achieve a constant 59 FPS in Genshin Impact at 810p. The SoC comes paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. The RAM on the device can also be virtually expanded by up to 4GB.
iQOO has also included the Independent Display Chip Pro in this device to share the workload of the primary GPU on the SoC. The company says that this will keep framerates stable through long game sessions because it will use less power and have better thermals.
Keeping the hardware cool is a large heat dissipation system made up of rare earth metal alloy, featuring a large-area Vapor Chamber soaking plate, and a six-layer three-dimensional graphite structure.
The overall feel of the device has also been improved with the inclusion of two linear motors for richer vibration and a better feeling of haptic feedback. With gaming in mind, the iQOO Neo6 features semi-enclosed top speakers to help players listen to the sound and identify their position. The speakers have also been modified to bring surround sound effects and sound field enhancement, which are quite important in many mobile gaming titles.
The device runs Android 12-based OriginOS Ocean out of the box offering features like infrared remote control, full-scene NFC, and a new Vivo Card service. The brand has provided a large 4700mAh battery equipped with 80W flash charging. It claims that the device can be charged up to 30% in just 5 minutes. Connectivity options include 5G, Wi-Fi Bluetooth version 5.2, OTG, USB Type-C port, NFC, and more.
In the optics department, the iQOO Neo6 features a triple camera system on the back with a 64MP Samsung ISOCELL GW1P main sensor with an f/1.9 aperture. Accompanying the main camera is a 12MP ultra-wide lens with an f/2.2 aperture and a 2MP portrait sensor with an f/2.4 aperture. The primary camera has Optical Image Stabilization. On the front, it has a 16MP camera for selfies and video calls.
The phone supports features like AI Multi-Frame Noise Reduction, Night Raw HDR Algorithm, AI Anti-Glare Algorithm, Portrait mode, Night mode, dual-view video, up to 10x digital zoom, 4K videos, and more.
iQOO Neo6 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, April 13
- Status: Exp. release 2022, April 20
- Dimensions: 163 x 76.2 x 8.5 mm or 8.9 mm
- Weight: 194 / 197.2 g (6.84 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Orange
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.62 inches, 105.8 cm2 (~85.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)
- Android 12, Origin OS Ocean
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.9, 25mm (wide), PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4700 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 80W, 20-80% in 19 min
iQOO Neo6 Price and Availability
iQOO has debuted the Neo6 in three configurations:
- 8GB + 128GB – 2799 yuan ($439)
- 8GB + 256GB – 2999 yuan ($471)
- 12GB + 256GB – 3299 yuan ($518)
The device comes in three colors namely Punk (Orange), Blues (Blue), and Black Jue (Black). iQOO has announced the first sale of the iQOO Neo6 will be held on April 20, 2022.