Samsung’s Galaxy A series is home to some of its best selling phones. The company has unveiled two affordable models, the Galaxy A13 and Galaxy A23. Both have 4G connectivity, though there is already an A13 5G.
Galaxy A23 launched
The Samsung Galaxy A23 is the successor to last year’s Samsung Galaxy A22. The big difference between it and its predecessor is the screen. Where the Samsung Galaxy A22 featured a 6.4” 60Hz HD+ AMOLED panel, the Samsung Galaxy A23 comes with a 6.6” 60Hz FHD+ TFT LCD panel.
Under the hood, the phone is powered by a Snapdragon 680 4G with a base clock of 1.9GHz and a boost clock of 2.4GHz(Recent certifications mention the device running a Snapdragon 680). Keeping the lights on are its 5000mAh with upgraded 25W USB-C super fast charging support. The device runs on Samsung’s latest One UI 4.1 based on Android 12.
The device sports a quad-camera setup with a 50MP f/1.8 main sensor, 8MP ultra-wide, and 2MP macro and depth sensors. The selfie camera houses an 8MP f/2.2 unit. You’ll find the fingerprint scanner on the power button to your right and a microSD card slot for expandable storage.
The device weighs 195g, with dimensions of 165.4 x 76.9 x 8.44 mm and its housing is made of Samsung’s polycarbonate “glasstic” material. The Galaxy A23 also features Gorilla Glass 5 at the front for enhanced durability.
It is available to be purchased in 4/6/8GB RAM + 64/128GB configurations.
Samsung Galaxy A23 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2022, March 04
- Status: Exp. release 2022, March
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 76.9 x 8.4 mm (6.48 x 3.03 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 195 g (6.88 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Black, White, Peach, Blue
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT
- Size: 6.6 inches, 104.9 cm2 (~83.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide), 1/5″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: Unspecifications
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Unspecified
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), unspecified sensors
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 25W
Models: SM-A235F, SM-A235F/DS, SM-A235F/DSN, SM-A235M, SM-A235M/DS
Samsung Galaxy A23 Price and Availability
Samsung said that the availability of the Samsung Galaxy A23 device will be rolled out gradually across global markets in 2022, and RAM and storage configurations may differ between countries and regions across the globe.