Realme has just launched two new phones in the Realme 9 series smartphones in India. The newly announced models includes the Realme 9 5G and Realme 9 SE 5G, marking the debut of the “SE” (Speed Edition) model for the brand.
Realme 9 5G unveiled
The Realme 9 5G smartphone uses the new Ripple Holographic Design language and the phone measures 8.5mm in thickness, weighing 188 grams. It features a 6.5-inch Full HD+ display with 2400 x 1080 pixels screen resolution, 90.5 percent screen-to-body ratio, and support for a 90Hz screen refresh rate.
Under the hood, the device is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 810 processor, coupled with up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It also has Dynamic RAM Expansion which adds additional 5GB of virtual RAM. It also features MediaTek HyperEngine 2.0 for enhanced power efficiency.
There’s a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for added security. The phone runs the Android 12 operating system out-of-the-box with the company’s own Realme UI 3.0 on top. The device is powered by a 5,000mAh battery that supports 18W Dart fast charging.
As for its optics, the Realme 9 5G smartphone has a triple-camera setup on the back that consists of a 48-megapixel primary sensor, a 20megapixel depth-sensing lens, and a 2-megapixel macro lens. On the front side, there’s a 16-megapixel snapper for taking selfies and video calling, with Clear Fusion Algorithm technology.
Realme 9 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, March 10
- Status: Exp. release 2022, March
- Dimensions: 162.6 x 74.8 x 8.5 mm (6.40 x 2.94 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 188 g (6.63 oz)
- Colors: Stargaze White, Meteor Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz, 600 nits (HBM)
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~83.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (deoth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: Unspecified
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
Realme 9 5G Price and Availability
The Realme 9 5G comes in two colors — Stargaze White and Meteor Black. The pricing is as follows;
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage model goes for INR14,999 (~$197)
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage model goes for INR17,499 (~$230).
Sale starts from March 14th across Realme.com, Flipkart, and offline stores across India.