Back in October last year, vivo released the vivo T1 and vivo T1x and and now, the Chinese company has launched the vivo T1 5G which was introduced in India. The device might share its name with the other two T1 series phones but its specs have significant differences.
The vivo T1 5G sports a 6.58 inch IPS FHD+ display that supports 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. The front houses a waterdrop notch, which houses the selfie camera.
The T1 5G is equipped with a ’50 megapixel AI Triple Rear Turbo Camera’ setup on the rear. The primary sensor is a 50 megapixel shooter that supports Super Night mode and Bokeh mode among other camera features. This sensor is paired with two additional sensors, which are both 2 megapixel shooters. These sensors offer Super Macro mode, and even a human eye tracking focus feature as well. On the front, the device features a 16 megapixel selfie shooter.
Under the hood, the handset houses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 695, which is a 6nm based 5G enabled processor. The company claims that this is the ‘fastest smartphone in the segment’, with a AnTuTu score of 400,000 points. vivo further added that the phone arrives with a 15 percent CPU improvement and 30 percent bump in GPU performance. For memory, it features up to 8GB of RAM that can be virtually expanded to hit a maximum of 12GB RAM. It also offers 128GB of internal storage that can be further expanded up to 1TB via a microSD card slot.
The brand ships the T1 5G with a “Turbo 5 Layer Liquid Cooling” technology. As the name suggests, it uses 5 layers of cooling mechanisms like liquid copper tube, graphite heat dissipation film, and more along with turbo cooling intelligent thermal management system to reduce the device’s temperature by up to 10 degree Celsius. The device is powered by a large 5,000mAh battery pack and runs on Funtouch OS 12.0.
vivo T1 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, February 09
- Status: Exp. release 2022, February 14
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.8 x 8.3 mm (6.46 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 187 g (6.60 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Starlight Black, Rainbow Fantasy
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 120Hz
- Size: 6.58 inches, 104.3 cm2 (~83.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 11, Funtouch 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
vivo T1 5G Price, Colors, & Availability
The device will be available in India in two color options, namely Starlight Black and Rainbow Fantasy (Blue). The vivo T1 5G comes in multiple configurations, including a 4GB RAM, 6GB RAM, and 8GB RAM models that are paired with 128GB storage.
- 4GB RAM + 128GB storage model goes for INR 14,990 ($200)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage model goes for INR 15,990 ($214)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage version goes for INR 18,990 ($254)
Open sales start on February 14 from vivo’s official online and offline stores as well as partnering retailers.