Realme has just launched its latest smartphones from what it calls the Number series – the Realme 9 Pro and Realme 9 Pro+. While the two handsets boasts powerful midrange chipsets, big batteries and rapid charging, and the Plus comes with a large-sensor 50MP main camera.
Realme 9 Pro
The Realme 9 Pro is the more affordable member of the new duo, but it outdoes its more premium sibling in certain aspects. The screen here has a bigger diagonal at 6.6”, and a higher 120Hz refresh rate, but the panel is LCD, meaning the fingerprint scanner made its way on the side, under the power key.
The chipset here is a Snapdragon 695 by Qualcomm, and it still supports 5G connectivity. The platform is coupled with 6GB or 8GB RAM, and a single 128GB storage option.
The triple camera setup on the back has a 64MP main shooter, an 8MP ultrawide one and a 2MP macro camera. The selfie camera has the same 16MP sensor.
Since the Realme 9 Pro is bigger than a Pro+ it also fits a larger battery – 5,000 mAh. It charges at a relatively tame 33W, but you still get the required charger in the retail box.
Just like its bigger brother, the Realme 9 Pro ships with Android 12 and Realme UI 3.0.
Realme 9 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, February 16
- Status: Exp. release 2022, February 23
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 75.6 x 8.5 mm (6.47 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 195 g (6.88 oz)
- Colors: Midnight Black, Aurora Green, Sunrise Blue
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 120Hz
- Size: 6.6 inches, 104.8 cm2 (~84.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2412 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Android 12, Realme UI 3.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W
Realme 9 Pro Price and Availability
Realme 9 Pro comes in Blue, Green, and Black colors. Prices are as follow;
- 6/128 GB version costs INR17,999 ($240)
- 8/128 GB version costs INR20,999 ($280).
Sale begins on February 23, 12 PM IST on Flipkart, Realme.com and “stores near you”.