The Oppo Reno7 series was introduced back in November 2021, and now the lineup is finally out of its home country. As it goes global, the first market is India, where the new Oppo Reno7 Pro comes with its 50MP main camera with a Sony IMX766 sensor. Alongside the Pro version, the company also introduced a vanilla variant called Oppo Reno7, which is different from the Chinese in some key fields like the chipset and the size.
OPPO Reno 7 5G (Global Variant)
The OPPO Reno7 5G features a 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate, and an in-screen fingerprint sensor. It is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 900 SoC paired with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage.
The phone houses a triple camera setup on the rear comprising of a 64MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide unit, and a 2MP macro snapper. On the front, it nests a 32MP selfie shooter inside the punch-hole at the top left corner.
The device features the trademark ‘Reno Glow’ design, however, it lacks the flat frame found on its predecessor OPPO Reno6 5G as well as the bigger sibling OPPO Reno7 Pro 5G. It measures 7.81mm in thickness, weighs 173g, and comes in two colors (Startrails Blue, Starlight Black).
Finally, the handset runs ColorOS 12 based on Android 11 and it draws energy from a 4,500mAh battery, which supports 65W SuperVOOC fast charging.
Oppo Reno7 5G (Global Version) Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2022, February 04
- Status: Exp. release 2022, February 17
- Dimensions: 160.6 x 73.2 x 7.8 mm (6.32 x 2.88 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 173 g (6.10 oz)
- Colors: Stary Black, Startrails Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+, 430 nits (typ), 600 nits (HDR), 800 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.43 inches, 99.8 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 11, ColorOS 12
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G68 MC4
- Storage: 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 24mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Features: Panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 100% in 31 min (advertised)
- Reverse charging
Oppo Reno7 5G (Global Version) Price and Availability
The OPPO Reno7 5G (8GB + 256GB) will go for a price tag starting at INR 28,999 ($388) in India. It will be available for purchase starting from February 17.
The Oppo Reno7 will arrive in Blue and Black at Flipkart, Oppo’s website and select offline stores.