Last year, Samsung announced the Galaxy S21 Olympic Games Edition in Japan. As the name suggests, the special model of the handset celebrated the 2020 Summer Olympics Tokyo. Now, ahead of the 2022 Winter Olympics Beijing, the South Korean tech giant has released the Galaxy Z Flip3 Olympic Games Edition in China.
The 2022 Winter Olympic Games will start on February 4 in Beijing. Hence, to commemorate the occasion, Samsung has launched the Galaxy Z Flip3 Olympic Games Edition in China.
The special version of the foldable smartphone arrives in a unique ‘Winter Dream White’ color option. The device retains the dual-tone finish with a black-colored bar at the top.
Further, the frame and the hinge feature a gold color finish. There’s also a Samsung as well as the official Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics logo at the bottom part of the rear panel.
Lastly, the handset ships with a customized theme, icons, wallpapers, and cover screen clock style.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 Olympic Games Edition Specifications
Chipset: Snapdragon 888 SM8350
CPU: 2.84GHz Octa-Core
GPU: Adreno 660
- Main: 6.7″, FHD+ 2640 × 1080 22:9, Infinity Flex Display, Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, Gorilla Glass Victus
- Secondary: 1.9″ 512 × 260, Super AMOLED
Storage: 256GB UFS 3.1
Main camera: Dual
- 12 MP (main f/1.8, OIS)
- 12 MP (ultra wide angle, f/2.2)
Front camera: 10 MP, f/2.4
OS: Android 11 (One UI)
Dimension: 166.0 x 72.2 x 6.9 mm (86.4 x 72.2 x 15.9 mm)
Battery: 3300mAh (15W Fast Charge Dual Battery , 10W Wireless Charging Qi, 4.5W Wireless Power Supply)
Wi-Fi: WiFi6E, 802.11 802.11 A/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4/5GHz
Waterproof And Dustproof: IPX8
USB: USB Type-C
Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (Side)
Face ID: Yes
Colors: Dream White
Others: NFC, Stereo Speaker
- 2G bands: GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 3G bands: UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B5(850), B8(900)
- 4G bands:
- FDD LTE B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1750~1765), B3(1765~1780), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B12(700), B13(700), B18(800), B19(800), B20(800), B25(1900), B26(850), B28( 700)
- TDD LTE B34(2010), B38(2600), B39(1900), B40(2300), B41(2500~2690)
- 5G bands:
- FDD Sub6 N1(2100)
- TDD Sub6 N41(2500), N78(3500), N79( 4500)
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 Olympic Games Edition Price and Availability
As far as price is concerned, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 Olympic Games Edition costs ¥7,999 ($1,259) in China for 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. The phone is up for pre-order and will start shipping to customers from January 15.
Samsung is also selling a combo called ‘Galaxy Z Flip3 Olympic Games Edition United Set’ priced at ¥9,948 ($1,565). This includes the smartphone and a 32-inch Samsung Smart Monitor M7 4K.