As expected, Xiaomi has announced the Redmi Note 11, Note 11S, Note 11 Pro, and Note 11 Pro 5G variants for the global markets. These devices share similar specifications, but the Pros certainly take the bar beyond.
The Redmi Note 11 Pro and Note 11 Pro 5G have some similarities but also have significant differences. Let’s see what Xiaomi has in tow for the “Upper mid-range” segment.
Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is powered by the Snapdragon 695, a 6nm sequel to the 690. It is paired with 6GB or 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB or 128GB of UFS 2.2 storage. The phone has a hybrid card tray, meaning you can put in a microSD card instead of a second SIM card. The device runs MIUI 13 based on Android 11.
The Note 11 Pro sports a 6.67” AMOLED display with 1080p+ resolution (20:9), 120Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate. The display supports the DCI-P3 wide color gamut and has a typical brightness of 700 nits (1,200 nits peak). It is protected by Gorilla Glass 5 while the rest of the phone is rated IP53 for dust and splash resistance.
As for photography, the main camera on the back uses the 108MP ISOCELL HM2 sensor, 1/1.52” in size with 0.7µm pixels and support for 9-in-1 binning (2.1µm). This sensor supports zooming up to 3x natively, which comes in handy as there is no dedicated lens. There is an 8MP ultrawide camera (118°) and a 2MP macro camera.
There is a 16MP selfie camera punch holed into the AMOLED display. As for the fingerprint reader, Xiaomi opted to mount it on the side. Other items of interest on the sides are a 3.5mm headphone jack and dual speakers.
The handset is fueled by a 5,000 mAh battery, which support 67W fast charging. It can go from zero to over 50% in just 15 minutes. The charger is included in the box, as is a USB-C cable. Additional connectivity includes NFC, an IR blaster, Wi-Fi 5 (ac) and Bluetooth 5.1.
Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2022, January 26
- Status: Exp. release 2022, February
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 76.1 x 8.1 mm (6.46 x 3.00 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 202 g (7.13 oz)
- Colors: Graphite Gray, Polar White, Atlantic Blue
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP53, dust and splash protection
- Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10, 700 nits, 1200 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~86.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 11, MIUI 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver))
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Quad
- 108 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, dual pixel PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.4, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 67W, 50% in 15 min, 100% in 42 min (advertised)
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 3+
Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G Price and Availability
The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G will be available in February. It will start at $330 (6/64 GB) and goes up to $380 ($8/128 GB).