After much rumors and speculation, Xiaomi has finally announced its global Redmi Note 11 series. The company introduced four smartphones in total, and they also are slightly different from what the Redmi Note 11 series launched in China. The lineup includes Redmi Note 11, Note 11S, Note 11 Pro and Note 11 Pro 5G.
While the Pro duo has big ambitions, the Redmi Note 11 and Note 11S can also win your heart because it’s smaller, lighter and cheaper. Even so, they share some features with the Pros and with each other.
With a 6.43” AMOLED display, The Note 11 and 11S are a few millimeters shorter and narrower, over 20g lighter too. They still enjoy 1080p+ resolution (20:9) and a high refresh rate – only 90Hz, but it’s still an upgrade over the Note 10 and 10S from last year. The touch sampling rate is double that (180Hz) and Xiaomi managed to boost the typical brightness to 700 nits (up from 450 nits). The Gorilla Glass 3 protection and IP53 rating (splash resistance) are the same.
Redmi Note 11
The regular Note 11 gets a 50 MP sensor instead. Both pack a 118° ultrawide camera with 8MP sensor, a 2MP macro cam and a 2MP depth sensor.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 680 (instead of 678 on its predecessor). The Note 11S starts at 4/64 GB and tops out at 6/128 GB. Unlike the Pros, however, it has a dedicated spot for a microSD card on the dual-SIM tray. MIUI 13 based on Android 11 will come pre-installed.
The handset has a side-mounted fingerprint reader and can also use its 13MP front camera for biometric unlock. It features IR blasters and (in some regions) NFC, plus dual speakers and 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Note 11 is fueled by 5,000 mAh batteries, the same capacity as last year’s model. However, Xiaomi managed to optimize the 33W fast charging, so now 100% is reached in 58 minutes (the Note 10 needed 74 minutes).
Redmi Note 11 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA)
- Announced: 2022, January 26
- Status: Exp. release 2022, January
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 73.9 x 8.1 mm (6.30 x 2.91 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 179 g (6.31 oz)
- Colors: Graphite Gray, Pearl White, Star Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP53, dust and splash protection
- Type: AMOLED, 90Hz, 700 nits, 1000 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.43 inches, 99.8 cm2 (~84.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 11, MIUI 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/2.4, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 60 min (advertised)
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 3+
Redmi Note 11 Price and Availability
The handset will be available later this month in a limited “early bird” deal, wide availability is coming next month. It will start at $180 for the 4/64 GB model and will go up to $230 for the top 6/128 GB model.
But those prices can be lower, if you catch the worm – the early bird prices will be available only on AliExpress and only on January 28 and 29. The price is dropped by $20 for the 4/64 GB and 4/128 GB models and $30 for the top 6/128 GB model.