Realme 9i has just been launched in Vietnam. The phone which has earlier been listed on Aliexpress back in December is powered by a 6nm Snapdragon 680 chipset and a 6.6-inch FHD+ IPS LCD that can refresh from 30Hz, through 48-50-60Hz all the way to 90Hz.
The smartphone comes with a new design as compared to the old Realme 8i. It has a different camera layout and features a vertical stripe pattern at the back. The phone sports a 6.6-inch punch-hole display with an FHD+ resolution.
It is an IPS LCD screen with an adjustable refresh rate that can go from 30Hz to 90Hz. Realme has not revealed more details about this feature but it is touted to have 48Hz, 50Hz, and 60Hz options as well, but again, we aren’t sure if is adjustable from settings or it’s automated.
The phone has a triple camera system at the rear with a 50MP main lens, a 2MP macro lens, and a 2MP B&W sensor. There’s also an LED flash beside the camera sensors. It has a 16MP selfie sensor. At the helm, it is powered by the new 6nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 octa-core SoC.
It is paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of onboard storage. Interestingly, apart from having the microSD card slot for storage expandability, the device also has the option of having an additional 5GB of RAM from the internal storage. It houses a 5,000mAh battery and has a 33W fast charging support. The 4G phone has a side-facing fingerprint scanner for security and runs on Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 out of the box.
Realme 9i Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2022, January 10
- Status: Available. Released 2022, January 10
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.7 x 8.4 mm (6.47 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 190 g (6.70 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Black, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz, 480 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.6 inches, 104.8 cm2 (~84.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2412 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.76″, 0.64µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.1, (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm
- Features: anorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W
Realme 9i Price and Availability
The phone is on sale now for VND 6,490,000 ($290/INR 21,200) in two colors – Blue and Black, and in a single 6/128GB configuration. You can expand the 128GB of memory through a microSD card and add an additional 5GB to the RAM by deducting it from the built-in storage.