Micromax has officially launched the all-new Micromax In Note 2 in India. The smartphone is a successor to the In Note 1 launched back in 2020 and brings major design and internal upgrades. Some of its highlights are punch-hole AMOLED panel, 30W fast charging, and 48MP cameras.
The In Note 2 comes with a new design over its predecessor. But, the design isn’t something you would call original. It has a Galaxy S21 series-inspired design at the back with a similar camera island and sensor placements. On the front end, the smartphone boasts a punch-hole display. It is a 6.43-inch AMOLED panel with a Full-HD+ resolution. It has 550 nits of peak brightness and Gorilla Glass protection.
The device has a 16MP selfie snapper at the front top and features a quad-camera system at the rear. It has a 48MP primary lens, a 5MP ultra-wide sensor, a 2MP macro shooter, and a 2MP depth lens.
Inside, the smartphone draws power from the MediaTek Helio G95 octa-core SoC paired with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The device has a 5,000mAh battery with 30W fast charging support. Micromax claims that the phone can go from 0% to 50% in only 25 minutes. The phone has a side-facing fingerprint scanner for security.
As for connectivity, it has 4G LTE, Bluetooth v5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, and GPS. It has a USB Type-C port for charging and a 3.5mm headphone jack for audio needs.
Micromax In Note 2 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2022, January 25
- Status: Exp. release 2022, January 30
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 74.3 x 8.3 mm (6.30 x 2.93 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 205 g (7.23 oz)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 550 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.43 inches, 99.8 cm2 (~84.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 11
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 115˚ (ultrawide), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, 27mm (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W, 50% in 25 min (advertised)
- Reverse charging
Micromax In Note 2 Price and Availability
The Micromax In Note 2 costs about INR 13,490 (about US$ 180) for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant. However, as an introductory offer, the device will be available for INR 12,490 (about US$ 167) for a limited period.
The smartphone comes in Black and Brown(Oak) colors and will go on sale starting from January 30 at 12PM on Flipkart and Micromaxinfo.com.