After many months of speculation and leaks, Xiaomi has officially unveiled its Xiaomi 12 series. At this stage, the company presented the Xiaomi 12, the Xiaomi 12 Pro, and Xiaomi 12X. The vanilla variant comes to offer a true flagship performance while being more affordable than the Pro. The Pro will be Xiaomi’s true beast for all those who care for performance.
Meanwhile, the company has also introduced the Xiaomi 12X which comes as a cost-effective device with some similarities with the standard flagships, but with a little less performance – It’s still better than most mid-range smartphone in the market. Without further ado, let’s see what these 12X brings to the table.
Xiaomi 12X: A Beastly Mid-Range Smartphone
The Xiaomi 12X is the most affordable version of the trio, but that yet brings the same design as the others. It’s also the smallest model with a 6.28-inch AMOLED screen with Full HD+ resolution with a 120 Hz refresh rate.
Under the hood, the handset packs the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC. It has up to 12 GB of RAM and up to 256 GB of Internal Storage. The Xiaomi 12X also draws its powers from a 4,500 mAh battery with 67 W wired charging support.
As for optics, the Xiaomi 12X packs a 50 MP Sony IMX766 sensor with OIS, a 13 MP Ultrawide camera, and a 5 MP tele-macro camera. For selfies, the device comes with a 20 MP snapper.
The device also runs MIUI 13 with Android 12.
Xiaomi 12X Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, December 28
- Status: Exp. release 2021, December 31
- Dimensions: OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1100 nits (peak)
- Weight: 176 g (6.21 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Pink
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPO AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1000 nits (HBM), 1500 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.28 inches, 95.2 cm2 (~89.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~419 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 12mm, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1/3.06″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, 50mm (telephoto macro), AF
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, 26mm (wide), 0.7µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Tuned by Harman Kardon
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2), NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass, barometer, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 67W, 100% in 39 min (advertised)
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 4
Xiaomi 12X Price and Availability
Xiaomi 12 X also comes in the same black, blue and pink colors as its siblings. Its price starts at CNY 3,199($502) for the 8/128GB trim and maxes out at CNY 3,799($596) for the version with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage.
The phone will be available in on December 31 in China. International pricing and availability will be detailed at a later date.