Alongside the Xiaomi 12, Xiaomi also introduced the Xiaomi 12 Pro, the company’s latest flagship smartphone. It features a 6.73-inch 2K Samsung E5 OLED 1-120Hz LTPO display that uses micro-lens technology—elevating viewing experience while increasing smart energy-saving capability. It supports up to 1500 nit peak brightness, support for HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, 16000 brightness-level adjustments.
The screen has TrueColor display, and professional color calibration that allows accurate representation of 1.07 billion colors on the display.
The smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM, which supports up to 6400Mbps transfer rate and new generation UFS 3.1 that offers sequential write speeds of up to 1450MBs. The cooling system has an extra-large 2900mm² VC and 3 large heat dissipation graphite sheets, which further enhances cooling performance for stable use, while the antenna area is also covered with white graphene.
It features a 50MP custom Sony IMX707 sensor with an ultra-large 1/1.28″ sensor which utilizes 2.44μm 4-in-1 pixels. The advanced camera system setup improves light capturing capabilities by 49% compared to the previous generation, says Xiaomi. It uses 50MP JN1 sensor for the 115° ultra-wide camera and 50MP 2x telephoto camera for portrait shots.
The camera features smart visual tracking capability that can simultaneously identify human eyes and figures, as well as pets, for stable and accurate focusing. The advanced machine learning algorithm allows the system to quickly analyze features of the focused subject, even if shape, angle, or color change. This offers stable and smooth tracking for moving objects, just by double tapping.
The phone has symmetrical dual speakers that utilizes a frequency division scheme, enabling excellent audio experience with high frequency ductility supported by a customized mid-woofer and tweeter. It is tuned SOUND BY Harmon Kardon offering a vivid, natural sound experience in three dimensions and also comes with Dolby Atmos support.
It packs a 4,600mAh battery with first 120W single cell fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 18 minutes, thanks to Xiaomi’s own Surge P1 charging IC that offers a solution to industry issues of having both high output and capacity, filling a need for single-cell batteries with charging over 100W. The phone also has 50W wireless charging for 100% charge in 42 minutes and 10W reverse wireless charging.
Xiaomi 12 Pro specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, December 28
- Status: Exp. release 2021, December 31
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 74.6 x 8.2 mm (6.44 x 2.94 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 204 g or 205 g (7.20 oz)
- Colors: Black, Green, Blue, Pink
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPO AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1000 nits (HBM), 1500 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.73 inches, 109.4 cm2 (~89.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~521 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.9, 24mm (wide), 1/1.28″, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 50 MP, f/1.9, 48mm (telephoto), PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 115˚ (ultrawide)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, 26mm (wide), 0.7µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Tuned by Harman Kardon
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2), NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass, barometer, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4600 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 120W, 100% in 18 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging: 50W, 100% in 42 min (advertised)
- Reverse wireless charging 10W
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 4+
Xiaomi 12 Pro Price and Availability
The Xiaomi 12 Pro comes in Black, Blue, and Purple colors with a glass back and Green vegan leather version and is priced at;
- 4,699 yuan ($ 737) for 8GB + 128GB model
- 4,999 yuan ($ 785) for 8GB + 256GB model
- 5,399 yuan ($ 847) for 12GB + 256GB versions.
It is now available to order and is expected to go on sale in China starting from December 31.