Samsung has officially unveiled the much-leaked Galaxy A13 5G in the US. The device is now the most affordable 5G smartphone from the South Korean tech giant in the country. It is the successor to Galaxy A12, which is limited to 4G connectivity.
The newly launched Galaxy A13 5G is pretty similar to the Galaxy A32. It measures 164.5 x 76.5 x 8.8mm in dimensions and weighs 195g.
The smartphone features a 6.5-inch LCD panel on the front with a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels and a 90Hz refresh rate. The dewdrop notch (Infinity-V) on the top houses a 5MP camera for selfies and video calls. Whereas, on the back, it houses a triple camera setup consisting of a 50MP primary sensor, 2MP macro snapper, and a 2MP depth sensor.
The variant for the US is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage with support for MicroSD card expansion. There’s also NFC to utilize Samsung Pay. These features will differ by country.
As for Connectivity options on the phone, it supports sub-6GHz 5G, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth, USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The remaining specs comprise a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, single speaker, Android 11, 5,000mAh battery, and 15W charging.
Samsung Galaxy A13 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- 5G bands: SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE, 5G
- Announced: 2021, December 02
- Status: Exp. release 2021, December 03
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 76.5 x 8.8 mm (6.48 x 3.01 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 195 g (6.88 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Black
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~81.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 11, One UI
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), unspecified sensors
- Virtual proximity sensing
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Models: SM-A136U, SM-A136U1
Samsung Galaxy A13 5G Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A13 5G is priced at $249.99 in the US. It will be sold online by AT&T and Samsung.com starting December 3. The handset will be also available through T-Mobile from January 2022.
Interestingly, the smartphone does not ship with a wall charger and a pair of earphones in the US.