At the ongoing OPPO INNO Day 2021, the company has finally unveiled the much-anticipated OPPO Find N 5G foldable smartphone. The device has been in development for four years and has finally been officially announced.
Table of Interests
OPPO Find N 5G Foldable Smartphone Unveiled
The Find N from the Chinese tech giant has gone through a number of prototypes over the last four years to offer an improved foldable phone experience. The company placed an emphasis on the development of its design, hinge, and overall durability.
The outer display is a 5.49 inch AMOLED display while the internal primary panel is a 7.1 inch E5 AMOLED display that offers 1000 nits of brightness with 1Hz to 120Hz adaptive refresh rate. The display arrives with 100 percent P3 and sRGB color gamut, so its great for editing as well. For protection, it sports UTG glass and even arrives with TÜV Rheinland certification as well.
One of the areas OPPO set its focus on was to eliminate the crease and raise the overall durability, while also improving the hand feel. Despite weighing 275 grams, the company sought to improve the feel of the device when being used in its folded state to make it comfortable in users’ hands with an ergonomic design to ensure that it doesn’t feel like a heavy brick.
For durability, the company guarantees that the device can be folded 100 times for more than 5 years in -20 degree Celsius temperature without any crease forming in the middle.
Notably, apart from its folded and unfolded modes, it can even be used in its FlexForm mod. In this mode, one can basically set the device in any angle between the other two modes that even works with the camera app for certain shooting modes as well. This feature is made possible thanks to its new Flexion hinge mechanism (comprises of 136 parts), which is claimed to be one of the best in the market.
Another area where the company made key additions in is the UI. Users can access split screen accessibility with just a single swipe from the top center region. This makes the multi tasking process extremely simple and intuitive.
Under the hood, the Find N is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC and is powered by a large 4,500mAh battery pack that supports up to 33W fast charging. The chip is paired with either 8GB or 12GB of RAM and 256GB or 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
On the rear, it sports a triple camera setup with a Sony IMX 766 50 megapixel primary sensor along with a 16 megapixel ultra wide angle lens and 13 megapixel telephoto sensor. The front houses a 32 megapixel punch hole selfie shooter on both the outer and inner display.
OPPO Find N Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2021, December 15
- Status: Exp. release 2021, December 23
- Unfolded: 132.6 x 140.2 x 8.0 mm
- Folded: 132.6 x 73 x 15.9 mm
- Weight: 275 g (9.70 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus) – folded, plastic front – unfolded, glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, White, Purple
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Main Display:
- Type: Foldable LTPO AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 1000 nits (peak)
- Size: 7.1 inches, 162.2 cm2 (~87.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1792 x 1920 pixels (~370 ppi density)
- Cover display:
- Type: AMOLED, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Size: 5.49 inches
- Resolution: 1972 x 988 pixels, 18:9 ratio
- Android 11, ColorOS 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 256GB 8GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, omnidirectional PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, 2x optical zoom, PDAF
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, gyro-EIS, HDR
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Cover camera: 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2)
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, dual gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 55% in 30 min, 100% in 70 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 15W
- Reverse charging 10W
OPPO Find N Pricing and Availability
The OPPO Find N will be available in China starting on December 23. Pricing is incredibly attractive at the equivalent of;
- RMB7,699($1,200/€1070) for the 8GB/256GB version
- RMB8,999 ($1,410/€1240) for the 12GB/512GB version
Unfortunately, there no plan yet on launching the Find N in overseas markets