Android 10 is still the most popular Android OS with 26.5% share
Towards the end of 2018, Google stopped the monthly reporting of the adoption rate of the Android version. However, from the updated data provided in Android Studio, we can still see the latest statistics. This statistical data is used to determine the appropriate version of App development for developers. Since Android 12 was only launched a few weeks ago, there is no statistical data.
Following the release of Android 11 (R) on September 8, 2020, its current share is 24.2%, ranking second. This leaves the 2019 Android 10 (Q) as the most popular Android system with a share of 26.5%.
- Android 11 R accounts for 24.2%
- Android 10 Q accounts for 26.5%
- Android-9 Pie accounts for 18.2%
- Android 8 Oreo accounts for 13.7%
- Android 7/7.1 Nougat accounts for 6.3%
- Android-6 Marshmallow accounts for 5.1%
- Android 5 Lollipop accounts for 3.9%
- Android 4.4 KitKat accounts for 1.4%
- Android-4 Jelly Bean accounts for 0.6%.
Developers using Android Studio can view the statistics and more detailed information in the guide to create a new project.