Xiaomi has officially announced the Black Shark 4S series in China. The latest gaming smartphones from Black Shark are the brand arrive with minor upgrades over their predecessors. The series just like Black Shark 4 series includes two models the Black Shark 4S and Black Shark 4S Pro.
Xiaomi Black Shark 4S Pro
The Black Shark 4S Pro is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ instead of a Snapdragon 888 like the Black Shark 4 Pro.
Itt sport the same 6.67-inch Samsung E4 AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels (FHD+), a 144Hz refresh rate, and a 720Hz touch sampling rate. The panel has two pressure-sensitive zones, a centered punch-hole, and 1300 nits peak brightness. It supports MEMC, DC Dimming, and eye protection mode.
Further, the phone has LPDDR5 RAM with 6400Mbps module inside. It comes with UFS 3.1 storage and also supports SSD Disk Array System.
The handset houses a horizontally-aligned triple rear camera setup, which includes an 8MP 120° ultra-wide unit and a 5MP macro shooter. The primary sensor is of 64MP. On the front, it nest a 20MP snapper inside the punch-hole.
On the connectivity front, the device supports dual-SIM, 5G, dual-band WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GNSS (GPS, A-GPS, GALILEO, GLONASS, BeiDou, QZSS), NFC, USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Other features of the phone includes a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, RGB light, dual stereo speakers, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass, gyroscope, and barometer.
Last but not least, the Black Shark 4S Pro runs a MIUI-based JOYUI 12.8 operating system backed by a 4,5000mah battery with support for 120W proprietary fast charging. It is also compatible with other charging protocols like Qualcomm Quick Charge (QC) and USB Power Delivery (PD).
Black Shark 4S Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A; 5G
- Announced: 2021, October 13
- Status: Exp. release 2021, October
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Colors: Black, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Physical pop-up gaming triggers
- Type: Super AMOLED, 144Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Always-on display
- Android 11, Joy UI 12.8
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888+ 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 16GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.97″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro), AF
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 1080p@960fps; HDR10+
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 120W, 50% in 5 min, 100% in 15 min (advertised)
Xiaomi Black Shark 4S Pro Price and Availability
The Black Shark 4S Pro will retail at the following price tags in China.
- Black, White
- 12GB + 256GB – ¥4,799 ($745)
- 16GB + 512GB – ¥5,499 ($853)
The smartphone is available for pre-order in China. It will go on sale from October 15. Like their predecessors, it could also make its way to international markets in the coming days.