Today, realme unveiled a few of its products which includes the GT NEO2T, Watch T1 and the all-new realme Q3s. Despite the midrange phone market has gotten more jam-packed, we keep getting more entries. However, most of them has been offering buyers improved value for money.
The realme Q3s is powered by the Snapdragon 778G 5G processor that has become a staple of sorts among midrange offerings and is also found on the likes of the Realme GT Master Edition and the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE. It is a premium chip that promises nearly flagship-level performance.
The ultra-fast processor is complemented by an ultra-smooth display with a refresh rate of 144Hz. The display is a 6.6-inch HDR10 LCD with a 2412×1080 FHD+ resolution. Its peak brightness is 600nits – fairly high for an LCD panel.
The phone features a triple camera setup at the rear – a 48MP primary sensor, a 2MP black and white portrait lens, and a 2MP macro lens. The primary supports all of the latest camera tech including AI scene recognition, AI beauty, filters, and AI-enhanced night mode. An on the front, we get a 16MP selfie shooter.
As for the battery, it is sized at a 5000mAh and can be filled up quickly enough with a 30W charger. The phone measures 164.4 mm in length, 75.8 mm in width, 8.5 mm in thickness, and weighs 199g. The phone runs realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 out of the box.
realme Q3s Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 19, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, October 19
- Status: Exp. release 2021, November 01
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.8 x 8.5 mm (6.47 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 199 g (7.02 oz)
- Colors: Aurora, Dark Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 144Hz, 600 nits
- Size: 6.6 inches, 104.3 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2412 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7325 Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide)
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W, 50% in 25 min (advertised)
realme Q3s Price and Availability
It comes in three storage variants namely 6GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB, and 8GB+256GB priced at 1499 Yuan (~$234), 1599 Yuan (~$249), and 1999 Yuan (~$312) respectively.
Color options are Nebula (pearl white) and Night Sky Blue (indigo).