realme has officially launched the realme GT NEO 2T (also known as realme GT NEO2T) in China. Although the name of this smartphone sounds similar to the realme GT NEO2, it is completely different with a discrete design and varying set of features.
The realme GT NEO2T has a 6.43-inch Samsung AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels (FHD+), a 120Hz refresh rate, a 360Hz touch sampling rate, an 800,000:1 contrast ratio, and a punch-hole. The panel has a 91.7% screen-to-body ratio, supports DC dimming, features 1000 nits peak brightness, and covers 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut.
The phone is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1200-AI SoC. Going by the name, it appears to be the same custom chipset used by OnePlus Nord2. However, realme claims that it worked with MediaTek for customization through the chipmaker’s ‘Dimensity 5G Open Resource Architecture’.
As far as memory is concerned, the device maxes out at 12GB RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. Additionally, it also comes with a virtual RAM option (up to 7GB).
Talking about cameras, there’s a triple-lens system on the rear consisting of a 64MP primary snapper, an 8MP ultra-wide unit, and a 2MP macro snapper. For selfies and video calls, it uses a 16MP shooter.
On the connectivity front, the handset supports dual-SIM 5G, dual-band WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, dual-frequency GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, GALILEO, QZSS), NFC, USB Type-C port, and a 3,5mm headphone jack.
The phone arrives with all the essential sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, proximity sensor, gyroscope, and in-display fingerprint sensor. It also has a linear motor for haptics and dual stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos and Hi-Res Audio certifications.
The device not only has a matte glass back but also a VC liquid cooling system to control the thermals. It measures around 158.5 x 73.3 x 8.4mm in dimensions, weighs 186g, and comes in two colors (Glaze White, Jet Black).
Last but not least, the realme GT NEO2T runs Android 11-based realme UI 2.0 and it is backed by a 4,500mAh battery with support for 65W fast charging.
realme GT NEO2T Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 28, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, October 19
- Status: Exp. release 2021, November 01
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 73.3 x 8.4 mm (6.24 x 2.89 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Black, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, 1000 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.43 inches, 99.8 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.3, 16mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/480fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W
- Reverse charging 2.5W
realme GT NEO 2T Price and Availability
The realme GT NEO2T will go at the following price tags in China.
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥2,099 ($328)
- 8GB + 256GB – ¥2,299 ($359)
- 12GB + 256GB – ¥2,599 ($406)
For a limited time, as part of Double Eleven promotions, customers will get a flat ¥200 ($31) discount on all three variants. Pre-orders for the handset start tonight, followed by sales from November 1.
As of now, it’s not known whether this smartphone will make its way to international markets.