Oppo has launched the Oppo K9s in China. It is the third model in the Oppo K9 series of smartphones after Oppo K9 and Oppo K9 Pro. Remarkably, this phone seems to be a tweaked version of realme Q3s that went official yesterday.
The newly unveiled Oppo K9s is almost identical to the realme Q3s in terms of both design and features. The two smartphones only differ in display size, screen refresh rate, rear camera setup, and software departments.
Talking about the dissimilarities first, the K9s sports a 6.59-inch TFT LCD panel with a 120Hz refresh rate, while the Q3s includes a 6.6-inch TFT LCD screen with a 144Hz refresh rate. The former has a 64MP (wide) + 8MP (ultra-wide) + 2MP (macro) triple camera setup as opposed to a 48MP (wide) + 2MP (monochrome) + 2MP (macro) triple camera array on the latter.
Another major difference is software. The Oppo handset runs ColorOS 11.2 baked on Android 11, whereas the realme phone boots Android 11-based realme UI 2.0, which is a clone of ColorOS 11.
Coming to common features, the Oppo K9s flaunts an FHD+ (1080 x 2412 pixels) display with 16.7 million colors, 401 PPI, 240Hz touch sampling rate, and 90.8% screen-to-body ratio. The panel has a punch-hole at the top left corner, 96% NTSC color gamut, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 600 nits peak brightness, and Panda Yiqiang Glass protection.
It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G chipset paired with up to 8GB LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB UFS 2.2 storage. The handset gets its juice from a 5,000mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging.
As far as connectivity is concerned, it comes with dual-SIM card slots, 5G, dual-band WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GNSS (GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS), USB Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack.
Other features of the smartphone include a 16MP selfie camera, side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, compass, liquid cooling system, x-axis linear motor, and virtual mechanical keyboard.
Oppo K9s Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 19, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, October 20
- Status: Exp. release 2021, October
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.9 x 8.5 mm (6.47 x 2.99 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 199 g (7.02 oz)
- Colors: Black, Silver, Aurora
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 120Hz, 480 nits (typ), 600 nits (HBM)
- Size: 6.59 inches, 104.5 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2412 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Protection: Panda Glass
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.2
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7325 Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Features: Panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
- Reverse charging
Oppo K9s Price and Availability
The Oppo K9s is priced at ¥1,699 ($266) and ¥1,899 ($297) for the 6GB + 128GB and the 8GB + 128GB memory configurations respectively in China. However, for a limited time, both variants will be discounted by ¥200 ($31). Hence, their price comes down to ¥1,499 ($235) and ¥1,699 ($266).
- 6GB + 128GB – ¥1,699 ($266)
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥1,899 ($297)
The OPPO K9s arrives in the following three color options.
- Obsidian Warrior (Black)
- Neon Silver Sea (Silver)
- Magic Purple Quicksand (Purple)
The device will go on sale from November 1. At present, it’s not known whether this product will make its way to international markets.