The licensee of Nokia smartphone brand, HMD Global has launched the Nokia G300 smartphone. The handset has been a regular in leaks in recent times was expected to launch in the early weeks of October.
Under the hood, the Nokia G300 is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 480 chipset. The chipset was also deployed in some of Nokia’s latest offerings like the G50, X10, and X20. However, the Qualcomm chipset is also 5G-enabled is expected to offer some incremental advantages over some earlier models.
The mid-range model is built around a 6.57-inch LCD screen with an HD+ resolution of 720p+ and a 20:9 aspect ratio. The display features a v-notch design that houses an 8MP selfie camera. The processor is paired with 4GB RAM with a 64GB internal storage and microSD card capacity of up to 1TB.
The camera setup of the G300 5G looks pretty underwhelming on the surface. The triple rear camera setup includes a 16MP main sensor, a 5MP ultra-wide, and a 2MP depth sensor. As per the camera specs, the Nokia G300 5G lies between the G10 and G20 on both ends of the spectrum. The Nokia G300 camera also brings support for EIS, and Night mode. The device equally features support for OZO audio surround, and wind noise cancellation.
In terms of the interface, the Nokia G300 5G runs on the Android 11 operating system. The new device packs a generous 4,470 mAh battery with fast charging support.
Nokia G300 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- 5G bands: SA/NSA (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE, 5G
- Announced: 2021, October 12
- Status: Exp. release 2021, October 19
- Dimensions: 169.4 x 78.4 x 9.3 mm (6.67 x 3.09 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: g
- Colors: Meteor Grey
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.52 inches, 102.6 cm2 (~77.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Triple
- 16 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 115˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4470 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
Nokia G300 Price and Availability
The Nokia G300 carries a price tag of $200 and will go on sale in the US from October 19. The device will be sold exclusively via pre-paid carriers: Straight Talk and TracFone Wireless.