Motorola has today launched its newest E-series member called the Moto E40. The budget smartphone offering features 6.5-inch HD+ LCD which delivers 90Hz refresh rate and cleaner punch hole.
It is powered by the more capable Unisoc T700 chipset and fueled by a larger 5,000 mAh battery. The back features a grooved design for easier grip and fewer fingerprint smudges.
As for the camera department, there is also more potent thanks to the 48MP main sensor which is aided by a 2MP macro cam and a 2MP depth sensor. Selfies are taken with an 8MP front-facing shooter.
The phone comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage which is expandable via microSD. The rear houses the iconic Moto dimple which also serves as a fingerprint sensor.
The software side is covered by Android 11 with Moto’s MyUX on top. Motorola says you should expect two-day battery life from the phone’s 5,000mAh cell which charges via USB-C.
Moto E40 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2021, October 07
- Status: Exp. release 2021, October
- Dimensions: 168.1 x 75.6 x 9.1 mm (6.62 x 2.98 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 198 g (6.98 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Carbon Gray, Pink Clay
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~80.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: Unisoc T700
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz
- GPU: Mali G52
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.2
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- NFC: Unspecified
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
Motorola Moto E40 Price and Availability
Moto E40 comes in Carbon Gray and Pink Clay colors. Pricing and availability are yet to be detailed.