Chinese phone manufacturer Infinix has officially unveiled the all-new Infinix Smart 6 smartphone in the market. The Smart 6 is a spiritual successor to the Infinix Smart 5 and it features a UNISOC SoC over the predecessor’s MediaTek SoC.
The Infinix Smart 6 brings a refreshed design and the new Smart series phone doesn’t have a vertical camera island. Rather, it has a square-shaped camera module with two cameras and an LED flash. Starting with an 8MP main camera sensor and a 0.08MP secondary lens. Upfront, it has a 5MP selfie camera lens.
The smart 6 is built around a large 6.6-inch IPS LCD notch display with a 720 x 1600 pixels resolution. It has a 266 PPI pixel density and 16 million colours. It is powered by the UNISOC SC9863A processor paired with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. There’s also a 3GB RAM variant with same internal storage.
The 2GB model runs on Android 11 Go Edition while the 3GB variant runs Android 11 with both laced with XOS 7.6 UI.
The device supports 4G connectivity and has dual SIM support. It houses a 5,000mAh battery with a 10W charging speed. It can be charged via the micro-USB port at the bottom. As for security, it has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and support for FaceID.
Infinix Smart 6 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28A, 28B, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 21.1/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2021, October 26
- Status: Exp. release 2021, October
- Dimensions: x x mm
- Weight: g
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Purple, Ocean Blue, Light Sea Green, Polar Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.6 inches, 105.2 cm2 (~86.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~266 ppi density)
- 2GB model: Android 11 (Go edition) / XOS 7.6 UI
- 3GB model: Android 11 / XOS 7.6 UI
- Chipset: Unisoc SC9863A (28nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: IMG8322
- RAM: 2GB, 3GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 8MP Main
- Features: HDR, Dual-LED Flash
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP f/2.0
- Features: single flash
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 /b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, G-Sensor
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: 10W (5V-2A)
Infinix Smart 6 Price and Availability
Infinix Smart 6 carries a starting price tag of $120 and is currently available in limited markets. The exact availability details are still unknown. The phone is available in multiple color options like Black, Green, Blue, and Purple.