Last week, Google launched the Pixel 6 series with a bunch of features. One of the features introduced was the Magic Eraser tool for Google Photos, which uses AI to remove distractions and objects in photos. At that time, Google did not reveal if other devices will get this feature.
However, this feature works on older Pixel phones after side-loading the same version of the Google Photos APK found on the Pixel 6. It is also reported to have worked on the Pixel 3. This just replaces the older Google Photos version with the new Google Photos version 5.64 that brings the ‘Magic Eraser’ feature in the ‘Tools’ section.
Pixel 4, Pixel 4a and even older Pixel users, including those who are running Android 11 are reporting that it works for them. According to AndroidPolice, the application is working on many smartphones inside of the Pixel series. The only downside of this is that it requires Android 12, which is still limited to Pixel smartphones and other devices running beta Android 12. However, you can also try the ROM if you have a custom ROM with Android 12.
How To Get Pixel 6 Google Photos Magic Eraser Tool
- You just need to download Split APKs Installer (SAI) from the Google Play Store.
- Download the Google Photos APK file. Worth noting that simply downloading it from APK Mirror does not work. It needs to be a specific version overtook from Pixel 6.
- Open SAI, tap “Install APKs” and select “System File Picker.” You’ll need to grant it permission to access your files on your device.
- You will need to find and select the Google Photos .apks file you’ve just downloaded.
- Hit “Install” and allow SAI to install unknown apps. A pop-up will take you to the right settings screen.
- Click “Update” in the system install prompt.
- Open Google Photos and enjoy Magic Eraser! The feature becomes available on the Edit Button. It’s inside the Tools section.
Google might bring the Magic Eraser feature to older Pixel models, via Pixel Feature Drop, in the future. We will have to wait to see if the company will add this as a premium feature for Google One subscribers. You can from the download the APK from APK mirror here and check if it works on your phone.