Honor Mobile officially unveiled the new Honor X30i smartphone through a product launch event held today. Its key selling point is its design which is quite boxy, not unlike the iPhone 13 series, and its slim and light build.
The weight is quite less for a device with a large 6.7-inch LCD display. Devices of such size have lately begun crossing the 200g mark, so the Honor X30i one should feel like a breath of fresh air. The display has a 2388×1080 resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate. It is surrounded by extremely thin bezels granting the device a 93.6% screen-to-body ratio.
The frame of the mobile phone is made of customized high-strength lightweight aluminum alloy, which has been chamfered to improve grip. The slim 7.45mm profile has been achieved by the use of a multi-layer polyurethane composite ultra-thin screen and a low-dielectric ultra-thin PCB circuit board.
In terms of performance, the Honor X30i is equipped with MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G chip, fabricated using a 6nm process. The chip features 2×2.5GHz A76 power cores and 6×2.0GHz A55 battery-efficient cores (big.LITTLE). The chip is backed by GPU Turbo X and Link Turbo X technology to enhance the game and call performance.
For photography, the phone has a 48MP main camera on the rear that’s complemented by a 2MP depth-of-field lens and a 2MP macro lens. The phone also sports a super night scene shooting function, intelligent multi-frame synthesis algorithm, and a vlog function for recording through both front and rear cameras at the same time.
The Honor X30i’s battery capacity stands at 4000mAh with support for 22.5W fast charging.
Honor X30i Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, October 28
- Status: Exp. release 2021, November 02
- Dimensions: 163.4 x 74.7 x 7.5 mm (6.43 x 2.94 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Black, Blue, Silver, Rose Gold
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.7 cm2 (~89.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2388 pixels (~391 ppi density)
- Android 11, Magic UI 5.0, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 22.5W
Honor X30i Price and Availability
The memory capacity of Honor X30i starts at 6GB, which can be expanded to 8GB using the memory expansion feature. The prices of all of its variants have been listed below:
- 6GB+128GB (1399 Yuan / ~$219)
- 8GB+ 128GB (1699 Yuan / ~$265)
- 8GB+256GB (1899 Yuan / ~$297)
The phone is currently only available for pre-orders in China. It will be going live commercially from November 5. An announcement for a global launch hasn’t been made yet.