Alongside the X30i, the HONOR X30 Max was also launched in China after teasing it for the past few days. The device is the brand’s latest multimedia-focused smartphone. It features a large display, dual speakers, and a huge battery for binge-watching and gaming.
The HONOR X30 Max ( KKG-AN70) sports a 7.09-inch TFT LCD panel with a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels (FHD+), 16.7 million colors, and an RGBW pixel arrangement. The canvas covers 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut and offers a 90% screen-to-body ratio with a dewdrop notch.
The display can go as low as 2 nits of brightness while consuming content in the dark and as high as 780 nits of brightness under sunlight as well as during HDR10 content playback. It is also TÜV Rheinland-certified for low blue light emission.
To go with the big screen, the phone also features dual stereo speakers with support for HONOR Histen Sound. These speakers are rated to output 78dB sound at full volume.
Despite a giant footprint, the handset only has a dual rear camera setup consisting of a 64MP primary sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. There’s also an 8MP front-facing shooter inside the notch.
As far as performance is concerned, it is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 900 SoC paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB storage. On the software front, it runs Magic UI 5.0 based on Android 11.
Connectivity options on the smartphone include dual SIM, 5G, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1, GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou), NFC, USB Type-C, and 3.5mm headphone jack. It has all the essential sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, compass, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Last but not the least, the HONOR X30 Max is fueled by a 5,000mAh battery with support for 22.5W fast charging and it measures 174.37 x 84.91 x 8.3mm in dimensions with 228g weight.
HONOR X30 Max Specifications and Features
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, October 28
- Status: Exp. release 2021, November 02
- Dimensions: 174.4 x 84.9 x 8.3 mm (6.87 x 3.34 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 228 g (8.04 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Black, Blue, Silver/Violet
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, HDR10
- Size: 7.09 inches, 125.5 cm2 (~84.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~356 ppi density)
- Android 11, Magic UI 5.0, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G68 MC4
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Dual
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 22.5W
HONOR X30 Max Price and Availability
The HONOR X30 Max will retail for the following price tags in China.
HONOR X30 Max Storage Configurations
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥2,399 ($375)
- 8GB + 256GB – ¥2,699 ($422)
HONOR X30 Max Colors
- Magical Night Black
- Charm Sea Blue
- Titanium Silver
The handset is already up for pre-order in the country. It will be available via a special early bird sale at 12 AM on November 1. The device will officially go on sale at 10:08 AM on November 11 (Singles’ Day).