POCO has officially announced the POCO C31 in India. The new handset from the brand looks like a tweaked version of POCO C3 launched last year. The only addition the latest model brings is a fingerprint sensor.
POCO C31 is almost the same as the POCO C3. The only major difference between the two is the presence of a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor on the former. Further, the newer handset arrives in two colors (Royal Blue, Shadow Grey) instead of three.
Other than the above-mentioned factors, the POCO C31 is a POCO C3 inside out. Hence, it sports the same 6.53-inch LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels (HD+), 20:9 aspect ratio, and a dewdrop notch. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio G35 SoC paired with 3GB/4GB LPDDR4x RAM and 32GB/64GB eMMC 5.1 storage.
The device houses a triple camera setup on the back consisting of a 13MP primary sensor, 2MP macro snapper, and 2MP depth sensor. On the front, it nests a 5MP selfie camera inside the notch.
As for connectivity, the phone supports dual-SIM, 4G, VoLTE, VoWiFi, single-band WiFi, and Bluetooth 5.0. On the software front, it runs MIUI 12 based on Android 10.
Other features of the handset include a dedicated MicroSD card slot, P2i nano-coating for splash resistance, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a MicroUSB port, a 5,000mAh battery, and 10W charging.
POCO C31 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, September 30
- Status: Exp. release 2021, October 02
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 77.1 x 9 mm (6.49 x 3.04 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 194 g (6.84 oz)
- Colors: Royal Blue, Shadow Gray
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.53 inches, 102.9 cm2 (~81.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G35 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Storage: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1.0µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1.12µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
Models: MZB0A0MIN, MZB0A0KIN
POCO C31 Price and Availability
The POCO C31 will retail for the following price tags in India.
- 3GB + 32GB – INR 8,499 ($114)
- 4GB + 64GB – INR 9,499 ($128)
The phone will go on sale during the Flipkart Big Billion Days sale. It will be available at discounted price tags of INR 7,999 ($108) and INR 8,999 ($121) from October 2 to 10. Customers can also avail a 10% discount on ICICI Bank and Axis Bank credit/debit card transactions.