Xiaomi has introduced new two T-models to its flagship series. They are not replacements for the Mi 11 and Mi 11 Pro but rather the next installment in the separate T series. The major difference is the price, these two are cheaper than their non-T flagships.
Xiaomi 11T launched
Talking about the vanilla Xiaomi 11T smartphone, it can be considered the most affordable flagship of this series. The new device is built around a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution, 120 Hz refresh rate, and 480 Hz touch sampling rate. Note that Xiaomi is ditching the LCD found in the previous Mi 10T series. The 144 Hz refresh has also been dropped to 120 Hz, but that still is great enough. The display has a centered punch-hole just like other Xiaomi handsets launched this year, except for the MIX 4.
Under the hood, the Xiaomi 11T is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 1200-Ultra platform. Here we have another customized version of the Dimensity 1200 SoC. Apparently, MediaTek’s initiative is paying off as this is the second company after OnePlus to unleash a customized version of the Dimensity 1200. The platform has a 3 GHz maximum clock speed and is more efficient than a vanilla 1200 SoC. The platform is paired with 8 GB of RAM. In terms of storage, users will have to choose between 128 GB or 256 GB.
As for the optics, the device comes with a rectangular camera island comprising a triple-camera setup. There is a primary 108 MP main camera, an 8 MP ultrawide module, and a 5 MP tele-macro camera.
The Xiaomi 11T runs MIUI 12.5 with Android 11 straight out of the box, which is hardly a big surprise. It draws powers from a huge 5,000 mAh battery with 67 W fast charging. The only downside is the lack of wireless charging.
Xiaomi 11T Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 42, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, September 15
- Status: Exp. release 2021, September
- Dimensions: 164.1 x 76.9 x 8.8 mm (6.46 x 3.03 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 203 g (7.16 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminum back, glass back
- Colors: Meteorite Gray, Moonlight White, Celestial Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP53, dust and splash protection
- Type: AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 800 nits (typ), 1000 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~85.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Android 11
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 108 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960, HDR10+, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1.0µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 67W, 100% in 36 min (advertised)
Xiaomi 11T Price and Availability
The Xiaomi 11T series will go for the following price tags (ASP – Average Selling Price).
- 8GB + 128GB – €499
- 8GB + 256GB – €549
The availability of these smartphones is expected vary from country to country. In some regions, they will be also getting ‘Early Bird’ discount offers.