Alongside the Pro+ model, vivo also launched the Vivo X70 and Vivo X70 Pro in China. The new phones bring significant upgrades over their predecessors including better cameras, bigger batteries, and faster charging speeds.
Vivo X70 Pro
The Vivo X70 Pro features a 6.56-inch FHD+ AMOLED display (curved for the pro model) with a 120Hz refresh rate. There is a centered punch hole for the 32MP front-facing camera screen and the screen has a HDR10.
The phone is powered by the Samsung’s Exynos 1080, which has appeared only in Vivo phones since it was launched last year. You can get a model that has up to 12GB of RAM and a maximum internal storage of about 512GB.
The X70 Pro also uses the custom Sony IMX766V sensor but it is a 50MP camera. It also has a 12MP super ultrawide angle camera with a 104.9° FOV when distortion correction is activated. The third sensor is a 12MP portrait camera that brings 2x optical zoom. It also gains a fourth 8MP camera with a periscope lens that brings 5x optical zoom.
The X70 Pro also features the Vivo V1 custom ISP chip discussed below. It has a color temperature sensor, a laser focus sensor, ad ZEISS T* coating. Just like the vanilla version, the pro variant also come with the same four classic ZEISS portrait lenses found on the X70 Pro+.
The phone is fueled by a 4450mAh battery and also supports 44W fast charging.
The X70 Pro features NFC, an in-display fingerprint scanner, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, dual nano-SIM support, and a USB-C port. It runs Origin OS based on Android 11 out of the box.
Vivo V1 Chip
The Vivo V1 Chip is Vivo’s first self-developed processor and it is present inside the X70 Pro and the X70 Pro+. The chipset has three functions – Smart Noise Reduction, MEMC smart frame insertion, and handles some tasks for power optimization. Vivo says that the chip is 100x more power-efficient than the CPU in both devices (X70 Pro and X70 Pro+).
Vivo X70 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 12, 17, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, September 09
- Status: Exp. release 2021, September 17
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 73.2 x 8 mm (6.23 x 2.88 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 185/186 g (6.53 oz)
- Colors: Black, White, Lime
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.56 inches, 104.6 cm2 (~90.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2376 pixels (~398 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0 (China)
- Chipset: Exynos 1080 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G78 MP10
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (periscope telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.0, 50mm (telephoto), 1/2.93″, 1.22µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 116˚ (ultrawide), 1.12µm
- Features: Zeiss optics, Zeiss T* lens coating, Pixel Shift, dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4450 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 44W
Vivo X70 Pro price and availability
The Vivo X70 Pro comes in three colors – Nebula, White, and Black and the prices are as below;
- 8GB RAM + 128GB = ¥4299 (~$666)
- 8GB RAM + 256GB = ¥4599 (~$713)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB = ¥4799 (~$743)
- 12GB RAM + 512GB = ¥5299 (~$821)