Vivo has announced new X-series phones in China. The Vivo X70 series comes in three models for now – the standard X70, the X70 Pro, and the X70 Pro+. However, we will be talking about the most premium of the trio – the Vivo X70 Pro+.
The Vivo X70 Pro+ has a similar design to its predecessor but with some slight changes. It still has a centered punch hole in the front and the camera housing is still a rectangular slab though bigger now. However, Vivo has added a sheet of ceramic called the Ceramic Cloud Window to the right of the camera housing. This sheet of ceramic has a mesmerizing effect when it reflects the sky.
The Vivo X70 Pro+ has a 6.78-inch 2K (3200 x 1440) display. The 10-bit panel is Samsung’s E5 AMOLED and it has a 120Hz variable refresh rate, a maximum brightness of 1500 nits, 300Hz touch sampling rate (1000Hz max). The display has received an A+ certification rating from DisplayMate.
There is a Snapdragon 888+ processor under the hood and it is paired with LPDDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. Buyers will be able to pick up the phone in three configurations with up to 12GB of RAM and 512GB of storage.
There are four cameras on the back of the phone and all of them are equipped with optical image stabilization. The sensors include a 48MP micro-pan-tilt ultrawide angle camera with 360° Horizontal Levelling Stabilization so even if you rotate the phone while recording, you still get a stable video. There is also a 50MP Samsung GN1 main camera, a 12MP Sony IMX663 portrait camera, and an 8MP telescope camera that brings 5x optical zoom and 60x super zoom.
Vivo says that the X70 Pro+ uses a Low-Dispersion High-Transmittance Glass Lens for its main camera. This type of glass is found only in high-end SLR lenses. The Vivo X70 Pro+ also comes with four classic ZEISS lenses that allow users to capture portrait images in different styles. The lenses are the Contax Biotar, Contax Distagon, Hasselblad Planar, and Olympia Sonnar. All of the Vivo X70 phones come with a ZEISS T* coating to reduce ghosting. The Vivo V1 ISP chip is also present inside the phone.
The Vivo X70 Pro+ has a 4500mAh battery capacity with support for 55W flash wired charging just like its predecessor. However, it now adds support for 50W wireless fast charging and 10W reverse wireless charging. Seeing as Vivo now has a phone with wireless charging support, it is no surprise that it has announced a wireless charger. The vertical wireless charger pictured below is inclined at a 60° angle and features multiple charging coils at the top and bottom. It also has air vents on the rear for cooling and a breathing light in front.
Vivo’s topmost X70 model also has an IP68 rating, making it on par with flagships from Samsung and Apple. The phone runs OriginOS based on Android 11 out of the box.
Vivo X70 Pro+ Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, September 09
- Status: Exp. release 2021, October
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 75.2 x 8.9 mm (6.48 x 2.96 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 209 g / 213 g (7.37 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Orange
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: LTPO AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 1000 nits (HBM), 1500 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.78 inches, 111.4 cm2 (~90.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~517 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0 (China)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888+ 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.6, (wide), 1/1.31″, 1.2µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (periscope telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/1.6, 50mm (telephoto), 1/2.93″, 1.22µm, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- 48 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 114˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, gimbal stabilization
- Features: Zeiss optics, Zeiss T* lens coating, Pixel Shift, dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 55W
- Fast wireless charging 50W
Vivo X70 Pro+ price and availability
The Vivo X70 Pro+ comes in three colors – black, blue, and orange. The black variant is covered in glass while the orange and blue variants are covered in plain leather. It is priced at;
- ¥5499 (~$852) for the 8GB RAM + 256GB version
- ¥5999 (~$929) for the 12GB RAM + 256GB version
- ¥6999 (~$1084) for the 12GB RAM + 512GB version
The 512GB version is also dubbed the Vivo X70 Pro+ Premium Edition and it comes with a free pair of the Vivo TWS 2 ANC earbuds which costs ¥299 (~$46), 2 years of warranty, one-on-one customer service, and an exclusive butler service worth more than ¥1200 (~$186). Those who pre-order the premium edition also get the ¥329 (~$51) wireless charger for free.
On September 12, Vivo Silver and Gold members will be able to experience the two pro models at designated experience stores in 38 cities across China.