Samsung has finally unveiled the Samsung Galaxy F42 5G in India. As expected, this smartphone is simply a rebadged Galaxy Wide5. In case you are unaware, the Wide5 itself is a tweaked version of Galaxy A22 5G.
The Galaxy F42 5G comes with a plastic build like other Galaxy F series phones. The handset sports a 6.6-inch Infinity-V display (LCD) with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels (FHD+) and a 90Hz refresh rate.
The smartphone is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC paired with 6GB/8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. For connectivity, it comes with dual-SIM, 5G (12 bands), dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GNSS, USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
On the back, the handset houses a triple camera setup consisting of a 64MP primary sensor, a 5MP ultra-wide unit, and a 2MP depth sensor. Whereas, on the front, there’s an 8MP shooter in the notch. There’s also a fingerprint sensor on the right side.
The phone runs One UI Core 3.1 based on Android 11. Lastly, the device measures 167.2 x 76.4 x 9.0mm in dimensions and it is backed by a 5,000mAh battery with support for 15W charging.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, September 29
- Status: Exp. release 2021, October
- Dimensions: 167.2 x 76.4 x 9 mm (6.58 x 3.01 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 203 g (7.16 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Matte Aqua, Matte Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT (unconfirmed), 90Hz
- Size: 6.6 inches, 104.9 cm2 (~82.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Android 11, One UI Core 3.1
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 115˚ (ultrawide), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM radio, recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Unspecified
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Models: SM-E426B, SM-E426B/DS
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G Price and Availability
The Galaxy F42 5G in Matte Aqua and Matte Black color options will retail for the following price tags in India.
- 6GB + 128GB – INR 20,999
- 8GB + 128GB – INR 22,999
The device will be sold via Flipkart, Samsung.com, and select retail stores starting October 3. For a limited time, during the upcoming Flipkart Big Billion Days sale, the two variants of the product will be sold at INR 17,999 and INR 19,999 respectively.