Last month, Xiaomi introduced the Redmi 10 to the global markets which was an upgrade to the last year’s Redmi 9 smartphone. Today, the company has announced the Redmi 10 Prime in India along with the Redmi Earbuds 3 Pro TWS as a rebranded version of China’s Redmi AirDots 3.
The Redmi 10 Prime sports a 6.5-inch LCD panel with a centrally positioned punch-hole. The screen offers a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, 405ppi pixel density, a 90Hz adaptive refresh rate, and Gorilla Glass 3. For security, it is fitted with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The Redmi 10 Prime is the first phone in the world to house the Helio G88 chipset. The device ships with up to 6 GB of LPDDR4x RAM and up to 128 GB of storage. For additional storage, it has a microSD card slot.
As per cameras, the Redmi 10 Prime offers a front camera of 8-megapixel. The rear camera unit of the smartphone features a 50-megapixel main camera with an f/1.8 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultrawide lens with a 120-degree FOV, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth assist lens.
The Redmi 10 for a global audience features a 5,000mAh battery. However, the Redmi 10 Prime is packed with a larger 6,000mAh battery that promises 723 hours of standby time, 192 hours of music playback, 24 hours of video playback, 11 hours of gaming, and 11 hours of video recording. The device carries support for 18W fast charging through USB-C, and it also supports 9W reveres charging. Xiaomi is offering a 22.5W in-box charger with the Redmi 10 Prime. It is equipped with dual graphite sheets for heat dissipation.
The Redmi 10 Prime comes preinstalled with MIUI 12.5 based Android 11, which tags along with support for extended RAM. It is a dustproof and splash-resistant device with corrosion-proof ports and rubberized seals. It offers other features such as dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, IR blaster, a 3.5mm audio jack, and dual stereo speakers.
Redmi 10 Prime Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA)
- Announced: 2021, September 03
- Status: Exp. release 2021, September 07
- Dimensions: 161.2 x 75.6 x 9.6 mm (6.35 x 2.98 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 192 g (6.77 oz)
- Colors: Astral White, Bifrost Blue, Phantom Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Dust & splash proof
- Type: LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G88 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4 (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Reverse charging 9W
Redmi 10 Prime Price and availability
The Redmi 10 Prime is priced as follows in India:
- 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage – INR 12,499 (~$171)
- 6 GB RAM+ 128 GB storage – INR 14,499 (~$198)
- Colors: Phantom Black, Astral Blue, and Bitfrost White
Through HDFC Bank debit/credit cards and EMI transactions, users can get up to Rs 750 instant discount while purchasing the Redmi 10 Prime in India. The first sale of the device for the first time from 12 PM on Sept. 7 through Mi.com, Mi Home, Amazon India, Mi Studios, Mi Stores, and retail outlets.