The Realme GT Neo2 has just been unveiled with some top notch features in China. Under the hood, the handset sports the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC, which is paired with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 256GB of internal storage.
The Realme GT Neo2 uses dual channel UFS 3.1 memory and also supports dynamic memory expansion, which allows it to have a virtually expand its RAM by up to 7GB. So, the higher end variant offers 19GB of RAM in total. With top notch specs that are also geared to add a solid gaming experience, the company has also placed an emphasis on the thermal management system of the device.
The GT Neo2 houses a diamond ice core cooling system that covers 17932mm² in terms of surface area with aerospace grade cooling gel. It also uses tempered VC and three dimensional graphene layers for better heat dissipation to maximize gaming performance. Notably, the device runs Realme UI 2.0, which is based on Android 11 OS.
It is powered by a large 5,000mAh battery pack that supports 65W fast charging as well that can charge the device from 0 to 100 percent in just 36 minutes. On the front, the device features a 6.62 inch FHD+ Samsung E4 AMOLED display that offers 120Hz refresh rate and 600Hz touch sampling rate with a peak brightness of 1300 nits. The GT Neo2 even arrives with dual stereo speakers and Dolby Atmos Games support as well.
At the back, the Realme GT Neo2 sports a triple camera module, with a primary 64 megapixel shooter paired alongside an 8 megapixel ultra wide angle lens and a 2 megapixel macro sensor. The rear cameras support Night scene, Pro mode, and other such useful features. On the front, a 16 megapixel selfie shooter can be found.
Realme GT Neo2 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, September 22
- Status: Exp. release 2021, October
- Dimensions: xx 8.6 mm
- Weight: 200 g
- Colors: Black, Blue, Yellow
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.62 inches, 105.8 cm2
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.3, 16mm, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/480fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 100% in 36 min (advertised)
Realme GT Neo2 Price and Availability
The pre-orders for the new smartphone will go live later today, with official sales starting from 27th September 2021. The first sale will include a free headset worth 129 Yuan (roughly 20 US Dollars), a one year warranty renewal, and an additional 6 months of free use of 2 TB cloud space. The GT Neo2 prices are:
8GB + 128GB – 2499 Yuan (roughly 390 US Dollars) with a starting price of 2399 Yuan (roughly 370 US Dollars)
8GB + 256GB – 2699 Yuan (roughly 420 US Dollars) with a starting price of 2599 Yuan (roughly 400 US Dollars)
12GB + 256GB – 2999 Yuan (roughly 465 US Dollars) with a starting price of 2899 Yuan (roughly 450 US Dollars)
The Chinese smartphone maker is also offering the device with additional gaming peripherals, which the customers can opt to buy. This includes a Realme Gaming Should Buttons for 99 Yuan (roughly 15 US Dollars), a Type C Super Flash Charge Data Cable for 129 Yuan and a Cooling Back Clip for the Neo2 for 99 Yuan.
Furthermore, the device arrives in three color variants, namely Black, Blue, and a dual toned Black Mint color.