The Realme 8s 5G has been unveiled in India. It came as the second 5G-ready Realme 8 series phone in the country after the Realme 8 5G, launched a few months ago.
The Realme 8s 5G has gone official as the world’s first Dimensity 810 SoC powered smartphone. Apart from the new chip, it offers an exquisite design, a high refresh rate display, 64-megapixel triple cameras, and a large-sized battery with fast charge support.
The Realme 8s 5G has a 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel that offers a punch-hole design. It offers a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a 20:9 aspect ratio, and a 90Hz refresh rate. For security, it offers features like face unlock and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The 6nm Dimensity 810 5G chip is present under the hood of the Realme 8s 5G. It is assisted by 6 GB / 8 GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage. Users can expand its storage by adding a microSD card. The Realme 8s 5G offers users up to 5 GB of virtual RAM.
It features a front camera of 16-megapixel. The back panel of the device features a squarish camera module, which houses a 64-megapixel primary camera, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth assist lens.
The Realme UI 2.0 based Android 11 OS comes preloaded on the Realme 8s 5G. It is backed by a 5,000mAh battery that supports 33W Dart Charge fast charging. The smartphone offers connectivity features like dual SIM support, 5G, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, a USB-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone.
Realme 8s 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, September 09
- Status: Exp. release 2021, September 13
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.8 mm (6.40 x 2.94 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 191 g (6.74 oz)
- Colors: Blue, Purple
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz, 600 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~83.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W
Realme 8s 5G Price and Availability
Pricing of different models of the Realme 8s 5G are as below:
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage – INR 17,999 (~$244)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – INR 19,999 (~$272)
- Color variants: Universe Blue and Universe Purple.
Realme will carry out the first sale of the Realme 8s 5G at 12:00 pm (local time) on Sept. 13 in India. It will be available through Realme India’s website and Flipkart. Customers purchase the smartphone with HDFC and ICICI credit cards and EMI transaction can avail INR 1,500 (~$20) cashback.