Apple reveals the battery capacity of the iPhone 13 series
Apple has never revealed the battery capacity of its iPhone during launch. The only time people get to know about that is when disassembling these smartphones. The recently launched iPhone 13 series is slightly thick. This higher thickness means good for iPhone 13 series because they come with a bigger battery.
Specifically, the nominal battery life of the iPhone 13 mini/13 Pro is 1.5 hours longer than the previous generation. In addition, the iPhone 13/13 Pro Max is even more 2.5 hours longer than the previous generation. Obviously, linking these two things, it is not difficult to speculate that there is an increase in the battery of the iPhone 13 series. This is indeed the case.
Official Battery Capacity Of The iPhone 13 Series
In a document Apple submitted to the U.S. Chemical Transportation Center, the battery capacity (unit: Whr) of the entire iPhone 13 series was reported. Here are the battery capacities of the iPhone 13 series according to Apple
- Apple iPhone 13 mini: 9.57Whr, an increase of 11% over the 8.57Whr of the iPhone 12 mini
- Apple iPhone 13: 12.41Whr, an increase of 15% from 10.78Whr of iPhone 12
- iPhone 13 Pro: 11.97Whr, an increase of 11% over the 10.78Whr of iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: 16.75Whr, an increase of 18% over the 14.13Whr of iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Unfortunately, the unit of the battery capacity is in Whr which many people may not understand. Nevertheless, based on the iPhone 12 series battery capacity, we have converted the iPhone 13 series batteries Whr to the popular mAh. See the values below
- Apple iPhone 13 mini – approximately 2500 mAh
- Apple iPhone 13 – approximately 3265 mAh
- iPhone 13 Pro – approximately 3150 mAh
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – approximately 4400 mAh
In addition, Apple documents show that the iPhone 13/13 mini has a standard rectangular battery inside. However, the iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max has an L-shaped battery, which increases the battery capacity.