After the release of the Galaxy A52 5G in March, Samsung has followed it up with a mild refresh model called the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G. The new handset brings almost the same specs of its sibling but a more powerful processor.
The design has remained unchanged, so you get a flat Infinity-O AMOLED display with a hole in the center for the selfie camera. There are still four cameras on the back and they sit in a rectangular housing that is slightly raised.
The Galaxy A52s 5G features a 6.5-inch FHD Super AMOLED screen with a 120Hz refresh rate. There is a 32MP camera inside the hole in the display. Under the hood is the Snapdragon 778G processor and it is paired with 6GB or 8GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of storage.
For the rear cameras, Samsung is keeping them at four – a 64MP f/1.8 main camera with OIS, a 12MP f/2.2 ultrawide angle camera, a 5MP f/2.4 macro camera, and a 5MP f2.4 depth sensor.
The Galaxy A52s 5G has an in-display fingerprint scanner. It also has IP67 water and dust resistance. There is a 4500mAh battery under the hood along with support for 25W fast charging. Samsung says users should be able to get 2 days of use from a full charge but that will depend on your usage pattern.
Other features include an audio jack, stereo speakers, a MicroSD card slot, Samsung Pay, and One UI 3 based on Android 11 with features such as RAM Plus for memory expansion and Samsung Knox for security. There is also Easy Share in Galaxy Eco-System which is an enhanced Quick Share for sharing files.
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 2, 4, 5, 12, 17, 26, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps, 5G
- Announced: 2021, August 17
- Status: Exp. release 2020, September 3
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 75.1 x 8.4 mm (6.30 x 2.96 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 189 g (6.67 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic back
- Colors: Awesome Black, Awesome White, Awesome Purple, Awesome Mint
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, 800 nits (HBM)
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 Prime & 3×2.2 GHz Kryo 670 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 25W
Models: SM-A528B, SM-A528B/DS
Galaxy A52s 5G Price and Availability
The Galaxy A52s comes in three configurations – 6+128GB, 8+128GB, and 8+256GB. The starting price is £409 (~$562) in the U.K. Buyers will be able to pick up the phone in four colors – Awesome Black, Awesome Mint, Awesome Violet, and Awesome White.
The phone will be available for pre-order starting August 24 and will begin shipping on September 3.