Lenovo has unveiled a new entry-level smartphone in its K-series of smartphones in Russia. Called Lenovo K13, the phone is a step back from the K12 smartphone launched last year, in terms of specifications.
The smartphone features a 6.52-inch IPS LCD display that offers HD+ screen resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels and a regular 60Hz refresh rate. There’s also a waterdrop notch on top of the display that houses a 5-megapixel selfie snapper.
On the backside, the device features a dual-camera setup that includes a 13-megapixel primary sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There’s also a fingerprint sensor mounted on the back panel for added security.
Under the hood, the Lenovo K13 is powered by the Unisoc SC9863A chipset which has an octa-core processor clocked at 1.6GHz. The device comes packed with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
It also comes with a microSD card slot for further expanding the storage capacity. In comparison, the K12 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 SoC, packing 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage.
There’s a usual set of connectivity options, including 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, and GPS. The phone runs the Android operating system out-of-the-box and is powered by a 5,000mAh battery that supports 10W charging.
Lenovo K13 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2021, August 30
- Status: Available. 2021, August 30
- Dimensions: 165.1 x 75.9 x 9.2 mm (6.5 x 2.99 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 200 g (7.05 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Tahiti Blue, Coral Red
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Water-repellent design
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.52 inches, 102.6 cm2 (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 10 (Go edition)
- Chipset: Unisoc SC9863A (28nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: IMG8322
- Storage: 32GB 2GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1.12µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
Lenovo K13 Price and Availability
The Lenovo K13 is available for purchase in Russia in just one color — Blue. It carries an affordable price tag of RUB7,777 which roughly converts to $106.