The iQOO 8 and iQOO 8 Pro have finally been unveiled official. Both phones which were launched today in China come with the best displays in the industry, the latest Snapdragon 888+ processor, and beautiful design.
The iQOO 8 series have received a design refresh while still keeping some features of its predecessors. There are now two devices – a standard model and a pro model. The former has a flat display while the latter has a curved display. However, both have a centered punch hole and triple rear cameras that are arranged in the shape of an L.
iQOO maintained the orange-colored power button from the iQOO 7 and even retained the partnership with BMW for the Legend Edition. There is also a new racing edition with a black carbon fiber finish on the back. However, it is only the iQOO 8 that gets the jaw-dropping electrochromic version that can switch from white to bright orange.
iQOO 8 Pro
The iQOO 8 Pro is the first phone to feature the new Samsung E5 AMOLED display. The 6.78-inch 120Hz LTPO curved panel has a 3200 x 1440 resolution, 10-bit color temperature, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, and a contrast ratio of up to 8,000,000:1. iQOO boasts that it has also received 14 DisplayMate A+ certifications.
It also features the independent display chip found in the standard model which can convert low-quality SDR content into high-quality HDR.
Just like the vanilla model, this too comes with a Snapdragon 888+ processor and it is paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The iQOO 8 Pro has three cameras -a 50MP Sony IMX766V f/1.75 1.0µm PTZ camera with a 7P lens, PDAF, and 23mm focal length; a 48MP f/2.2 114° ultrawide angle camera with 6P lens; and a 16MP telephoto camera. The front-facing camera is a 16MP sensor.
The iQOO 8 Pro also boasts an ultrasonic 3D fingerprint scanner with a wider sensing area. iQOO says the sensor is super fast and unlocks the device in just 0.2 seconds.
Inside the iQOO 8 Pro is a dual-cell 4500mAh battery. While it has support for 120W fast wired charging like the standard model, it also adds support for 50W wireless fast charging and 10W reverse wireless charging. This makes it the first iQOO phone with support for wireless charging. It is no surprise that iQOO took the chance to announce its own wireless charger which has a vertical design and a built-in cooling fan.
iQOO 8 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41,
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, August 17
- Status: Available. Released 2021, August 26
- Dimensions: 165 x 75.2 x 9.2 mm (6.50 x 2.96 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 205 g (7.23 oz)
- Colors: White (BMW M branding), Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPO AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 1500 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.78 inches, 111.0 cm2 (~89.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~518 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888+ 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.99 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 23mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, gimbal OIS
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 60mm (telephoto), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm, OIS
- 48 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 114˚ (ultrawide), 0.8µm, AF
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Single Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.4, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 120W, 100% in 18 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 50W
- 10W reverse wireless charging
iQOO 8 Pro Price and Availability
The iQOO 8 Pro will be available in three configurations and two color variants (Racing and Legend) and will be available for purchase starting on August 26:
- 8+256GB = 4999 (~$771)
- 12+256GB = 5499 (~$848)
- 12+512GB = ¥5999 (~$925)
Pre-orders start today, interested buyers will be able to grab the phone on Vivo’s online shop and physical stores, Tmall, Suning, JD.com, and more.
The iQOO 50W Vertical Wireless Charger will be available on August 26 too for ¥279 (~$43) before reverting back to its original price of ¥329 (~$50).