Yesterday, Honor introduced a few devices to the market. The Chinese giant unveiled the much-anticipated Honor Magic3 series, Honor Tab V7 Pro, Honor Watch GS3, and the Honor X20 5G smartphone. Let us take a look at the X20 5G smartphone.
The Honor X20 5G sports a 6.67-inch LCD display sporting a Full-HD+ resolution. It is a punch-hole panel with a 120Hz refresh rate and support for the DCI-P3 color gamut. The display comes with a five-fold eye protection feature and has an e-book mode which is intended to be easier on the eyes while reading.
It has a 16MP front camera for selfies and boasts a triple camera setup at the rear. The rear camera island is similar to Huawei’s signature camera module designs. It holds a 64MP main sensor, a 2MP depth sensor, and lastly a 2MP macro unit. It also has an LED flash beside the camera lenses.
Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 900 SoC that is based on a 6nm process. It is paired with up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of onboard storage. Honor has also implemented RAM expansion technology, wherein it supports an additional 2GB of RAM. This means the 8GB variant can have 10GB of RAM by using 2GB from the internal storage as memory.
The smartphone packs a 4,300mAh battery with 66W fast charging support. Honor claims that it can go from 0% to 50% with just 15 minutes of charge. As for security, it has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Honor X20 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- 5G bands: NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, August 13
- Status: Available. Released 2021, August 13
- Dimensions: 161.8 x 74.7 x 8.5 mm (6.37 x 2.94 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 192 g (6.77 oz)
- Colors: Blue, Silver, Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.67 inches, 108.1 cm2 (~89.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2376 pixels (~391 ppi density)
- Android 11, Magic UI 4.2, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G78 MC4
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256 GB 8 GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.9 (wide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4300 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W
Honor X20 5G Price and Availability
The Honor X20 5G carries a starting price tag at;
- CNY 1,899(~$293) for the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage variant
- CNY 2,199(~$339) for the 8GB RAM + 128GB storage variant
- CNY 2,499(~$386) for 8GB RAM + 256GB storage variant.
The device comes in three color options the Magic Night Black, Aurora Blue, and Titanium Silver. It is currently up for sale on the Jingdong shopping portal.