Honor has unveiled its latest flagship phones – the brand-new Magic3 series. The series consist of regular Honor Magic3, Magic3 Pro and Magic3 Pro+. The vanilla version and the pro variant share plenty of similarities across their spec sheets but differ in their camera setups. These are also the first IMAX-enhanced phones on the market offering exclusive 3D LUT color grading profiles and video recording in the LOG format.
The Honor Magic3 has a curved 6.76-inch OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and FHD+ resolution. The screen support 10-bit color output and come with a pill-shaped cutout for housing a 13MP main cam alongside a 3D ToF depth sensor for a more secure face unlock.
On the rear, the main camera is a 50MP Sony IMX 766 main module paired with a 64MP monochrome sensor and 13MP ultrawide lens.
The IMAX partnership brings cinematic video recording capabilities supporting LOG format which Honor says leads to improvements in image quality and greater flexibility in post-production editing. The phones also support eight 3D LUT color grading profiles which further enhance your video content.
The phone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888 Plus, paired with up to 12GB RAM and 512GB storage. The Magic3 is fueled by 4,600 mAh batteries with 66W fast wired charging and 50W wireless top-ups on any compatible Qi charger. Magic3 has an IP54 water and dust rating while the Pro goes up to IP68. Both phones boot Magic UI 5 on top of Android 11 and Google Mobile Services.
Honor Magic3 Specification
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: 5G
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, August 12
- Status: Available. Released 2021, August 12
- Dimensions: 162.8 x 74.9 x 8.99 mm (Glass) / 9.5mm (Vegan Leather)
- Weight: 203g (Glass) / 202 g (Vegan Leather) (7.16 oz)
- Build: Glass front, glass back or vegan leather back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Golden Hour (Vegan Leather), Blue Hour (Vegan Leather), Black, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP54, dust and splash protection
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.76 inches, 115.7 cm2 (~94.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1344 x 2772 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~456 ppi density)
- Android 11, Magic UI 5, Google Play Services
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, omnidirectional PDAF
- 64 MP, f/1.8, (monochrome)
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/2.4, 100˚ (ultrawide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Ultra Wideband (UWB) support
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4600 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W
Honor Magic3 Price and Availability
The HONOR Magic3 will retail for the following price tags.
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥4,599 / N/A
- 8GB + 256GB – ¥4,999 / €899
There’s the Golden Hour and Blue Hour models which boast synthetic leather while the classic Black and White options feature a more traditional glass back.