As promised, Tecno has unveiled the entry-level Spark Go 2021 in India. Just as its name implies, the device is the successor to the Spark Go 2020 phone released last year. Like the predecessor model, the handset ships with the Go edition of Android OS. It also offers users a big display, a large-sized battery, and 13-megapixel dual cameras.
The Spark Go 2021 is built around a 6.52inch display with a waterdrop notch, which carries support for an HD+ resolution. For selfies, it has a front camera of 8-megapixel with front-firing flash, and its back panel has a 13-megapixel primary and AI lens.
Tecno is yet to confirm the name processor that fuels the device. It offers users 2GB of RAM and 32GB of built-in storage. For more storage, it has a microSD card slot. It has a 5,000mAh battery to keep the lights on.
The Spark Go 2021 has a rear-facing fingerprint scanner. This feature has arrived as an upgrade as it wasnâ€™t available on the predecessor model. The handset also offers other features like dual SIM support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB port, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Tecno Spark Go 2021 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 â€“ SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2021, July 01
- Status: Exp. release 2021, July
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Colors: Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.52 inches, 102.6 cm2
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 11 (Go edition), HIOS 7.6
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A20
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card slot:Â microSDXC
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/1.8, AF
- AI Lens
- Features: Dual-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video:Â 1080p@30fps
- SelfieÂ Camera: Single â€“ 8 MP, f/2.0
- Features: LED flash
- Video: Yes
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
Tecno Spark Go 2021 Price and Availability
The Spark Go 2021 is available in India with a starting pricing of INR 7,299 (about 98.15 USD).
However, it will be available at a special launch price of Rs 6,699 (about 90 USD) on its first sale that kicks at 12 PM (local time) on July 7 in India through Amazon India.