Last year, Samsung announced the Galaxy M21 and it received an overwhelming response from consumers, mostly young millennial and Gen Z consumers. This is due to the captivating monster features which the affordable mid-range smartphone brings. The Korean tech giant has now followed up with the launch of the Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition.
The Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition follows the footsteps of its predecessor, offering a superior specs lineup and several innovations focused on giving consumers optimum value for their money. It features a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display. The display supports 420nits brightness and is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
The M21 2021 is powered by an Exynos 9611 10nm SoC paired with up to 6GB of RAM. There is a second variant with 4GB LPDDR4x RAM. Both versions are accompanied by 128GB and 64GB UFS 2.1 storage respectively that are expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card.
As for optics, the Galaxy M21 2021 Edition packs a 48MP rear camera with a Samsung GM2 sensor, teaming up with an 8MP 123Â° ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, and a 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture. There is also an LED flash.
For selfies, there is a 20MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture. Note that the setup is similar to the first-gen Galaxy M21 but the main 48MP sensor isnâ€™t the Samsung GM1 sensor but the GM2 on this model.
The device crams a monstrous 6000mAh battery under the hood which will surely deliver some extended period of usage. It features support for 15W fast charging via USB-C.
It runs on Android 10-based One UI 2.0 but we expect Samsung to push the Android 11 update in no distant time.
Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, July 21
- Status: Exp. release 2021, July 26
- Dimensions: x x 8.9mm
- Weight: 188 g
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Charcoal Black, Arctic Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 420 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.4 inches, 100.5 cm2 (~84.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Android 11, One UI 3.1 Core
- Chipset: Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 123Ëš (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 5 MP, f/2.2, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM radio, RDS, recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Galaxy M21 2021 Price and Availability
As per the pricing and availability, the Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition with;
- 4GB RAM + 64GB storage costs INR 12,499 (~$168)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage costs Rs. 14499 (~$194)
The device will go on sale from July 26 via Amazon.in and Samsung.com as well as on select retail stores.