Motorola has launched three new Edge phones – Motorola Edge 20, the pro variant, and a Lite model. Even though none of them has a curved screen, they do have some pretty interesting specs including a 108MP camera on all three variants.
Motorola Edge 20
Like the pro model, the Edge 20 also sports a 6.67-inch 10-bit OLED display with DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+, Amazon HDR, and an impressive 144Hz refresh rate. It also has a centered punch hole for the front-facing camera. The vanilla model has the same display size, type, and features save for the lack of support for Amazon HDR.
The Motorola Edge 20 is powered by a Snapdragon 778G processor which is paired with 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage. It lacks the fast writing speed and performance booster that we have on the pro model.
Speaking of photography, there is a primary 108MP rear camera on the rear. Supporting the main camera is an 8MP camera with 3x optical zoom and 30x superzoom and a 16MP ultrawide angle camera that doubles as a macro camera. It has a 32MP front-facing camera.
Compared to Edge 20 Pro, the standard model has a smaller 4000mAh battery but both phones support 30W TurboPower fast charging. The two phones run Android 11 with My UX on top. They also come with the Ready For PC feature that allows the phone to be connected to an external display to use in desktop mode, serve as a webcam, or as a gaming console.
According to reports, Motorola has revealed that all three phones will receive OS upgrades and security updates for two years. So we expect them receive Android 12 and Android 13 updates.
Motorola Edge 20 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 38, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps, 5G
- Announced: 2021, July 29
- Status: Exp. release 2021, August
- Dimensions: 163 x 76 x 7 mm (6.42 x 2.99 x 0.28 in)
- Weight: 163 g (5.75 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), aluminum frame, plastic back
- Colors: Frosted Grey, Frosted White, Frosted Emerald
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Water-repellent design
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 144Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.7 inches, 110.2 cm2 (~89.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~385 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 Prime & 3×2.2 GHz Kryo 670 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot:
- Main Camera: Triple
- 108 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 79mm (telephoto), 1.0µm, 3x optical zoom, PDAF, OIS
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1.0µm
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, 720p@960fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.3, (wide), 0.7µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
Motorola Edge 20 Price and Availability
The Motorola Edge 20 will retail for €499 and will go on sale in August. The handset is available in Frosted Grey, Frosted White and Frosted Emerald.