With such a name (Edge) for a phone, one would have expected a handset with a curved display, but Motorola does not work that way. The company has announced three new Edge phones and none of the trio has a curved screen. However, the Motorola Edge 20 Pro, Edge 20, and Edge 20 Lite boasts some pretty interesting specs including a 108MP camera on all three models.
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
The Edge 20 Pro is the most premium of the pack as it has all of the best features. It has a 6.67-inch 10-bit OLED display with DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+, Amazon HDR, and an impressive 144Hz refresh rate. It also has a centered punch hole for the front-facing camera.
Powering the Motorola Edge 20 Pro is the Snapdragon 870 processor, the same one that made its global debut in the Edge S a.k.a. Moto G100. There is 12GB of RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. It also has two features called Turbo Write and Host-Aware Performance Booster.
As for the camera department, the phone has a primary 108MP rear camera. It also has an 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom and 50x superzoom and a 16MP ultrawide angle camera that can shoot macro photographs. The device can also shoot in 8K. For selfies, you will get a 32MP front-facing camera.
The Edge 20 Pro has a 4500mAh battery that support 30W TurboPower fast charging. It run Android 11 with My UX on top. The phone also come with the Ready For PC feature that allows the it to be connected to an external display to use in desktop mode, serve as a webcam, or as a gaming console.
According to reports, Motorola has revealed that all three phones will receive OS upgrades and security updates for two years. So we expect them receive Android 12 and Android 13 updates.
Motorola Edge 20 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 38, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps, 5G
- Announced: 2021, July 29
- Status: Exp. release 2021, August
- Dimensions: 163 x 76 x 8 mm (6.42 x 2.99 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 185/190 g (depending on color) (6.53 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back or eco leather back
- Colors: Midnight Blue, Blue Vegan Leather, Iridescent Cloud
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Water-repellent design
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 144Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.7 inches, 110.2 cm2 (~89.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~385 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot:
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 108 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/3.4, 126mm (periscope telephoto), 1.0µm, 5x optical zoom, PDAF, OIS
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1.0µm
- Features: Dual-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240/960fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.3, (wide), 0.7µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, DisplayPort 1.4
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
Motorola Edge 20 Pro Price and Availability
The Edge 20 Pro will retail for €699 and will go on sale in August. The handset is available in Dark Blue, White, and Indigo Vegan Leather.