Alongside the Edge 20 and its pro variant, Motorola has unveiled the Motorola Edge 20 Lite. While none of the trio has a curved screen as their names implies, they boast some pretty interesting specs including a 108MP camera on all three variants.
Motorola Edge 20 Lite
The Motorola Edge 20 Lite has a 6.67-inch 10-bit OLED display with DCI-P3 color gamut and HDR10+. Its refresh rate is lower at 90Hz and it also misses out on Amazon HDR support.
Powering the phone is MediaTek’s Dimensity 720 processor and it is paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. The 108MP primary rear camera comes along with an 8MP ultrawide angle camera that can also take macro photos and a 2MP depth camera. Its front-facing camera is a 32MP sensor too.
Unlike its siblings which have an in-display fingerprint scanner, the Edge 20 Lite has a side-mounted scanner. However, it does have a water-repellent design, ThinkShield Security for mobile, support for Ready For albeit with fewer features, and Wi-Fi 6.
Motorola gives the Edge 20 Lite a bigger 5000mAh battery and adds support for 30W TurboPower fast charging. It runs My UX based on Android 11 out of the box.
According to reports, Motorola has revealed that all three phones will receive OS upgrades and security updates for two years. So we expect them receive Android 12 and Android 13 updates.
Motorola Edge 20 Lite Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 66 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps, 5G
- Announced: 2021, July 29
- Status: Exp. release 2021, August
- Dimensions: 165.9 x 76 x 8.3 mm (6.53 x 2.99 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 185 g (6.53 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Electric Graphite, Lagoon Green
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Water-repellent design
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 90Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.7 inches, 110.2 cm2 (~87.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~385 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 720 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Triple
- 108 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.3, (wide), 0.7µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
Motorola Edge 20 Lite Price and Availability
The Motorola Edge 20 Lite will be sold for €349.99 and will be available for purchase on sale in August. The phone is available in Electric Graphite and Lagoon Green.