The Chinese smartphone giant, Huawei has unveiled the Huawei nova 8i smartphone in the country with specs like 66W fast charging, 64MP Quad Cameras, and an Edgeless display.
The Huawei nova 8i comes with an alluring chassis with a 6.67-inch Edgeless LCD display. It is a punch-hole screen with an FHD+ (2376 x 1080 pixels) resolution. The â€œEdgeless designâ€ does stand out, thanks to its super-thin bezels. It has a 180Hz touch sampling rate for a smoother touch response while gaming.
It features a circular camera ring at the rear holding a quad-camera system. It starts with a 64MP primary lens with an f/1.9 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and lastly a 2MP macro unit. At the front, it boasts a 16MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture.
Under the hood, it is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 chipset coupled with 8GB of RAM and 128GB on onboard storage. It houses a 4,300mAh battery with a whopping 66W fast charging support. Huawei claims that the phone can go from 0% to 100% in 38 minutes. The phone runs on EMUI 11 out of the box and has Android 11 on top of it.
The smartphone also comes with Huawei-only features like Huawei MeeTime, which is basically a video chatting application from Huawei. The phone also has Photo Safe Sharing and Huawei AppGallery support.
As for connectivity, it has Bluetooth v5.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz/ 5GHZ support. It comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack for music needs and a Type-C port for charging and data transfer.
Huawei nova 8i Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, July 07
- Status: Exp. release 2021, July 22
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 74.7 x 8.6 mm (6.37 x 2.94 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 190 g (6.70 oz)
- Colors: Moonlight Silver, Interstellar Blue, Starry Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.67 inches, 108.1 cm2 (~89.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2376 pixels (~391 ppi density)
- Android 10, EMUI 11, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 120Ëš, 17mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, Panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4300 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W, 60% in 17 min, 100% in 38 min (advertised)
Huawei nova 8i Price and Availability
The nova 8i is priced at RM1299 (~$312) for the sole 8GB RAM and 128GB storage model. It is available in Interstellar Blue, Moonlight Silver, and Starry Black color variants.
The phone will go on pre-orders starting from today till July 21st. Those who will pre-book the phone will get benefits worth RM260 (~$63).